Shavin' Baton Rouge!

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by SThomas92, Oct 12, 2018.

1. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs046: to TSD @SThomas92

I hope you enjoy it here. Nice having another LA. boy here. The bestshave #6 horse hair is a nice brush and its VERY inexpensive. :)

SThomas92 likes this.
  2. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Welcome to TSD SThomas92. Glad to have you with us. It looks like you might enjoy Stirling products. Many of us here do. Please check out the Stirling Exchange under Soaps where many of us fans hang out and give Stirling lots of love.

SThomas92 likes this.
  3. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Howdy there.
    Looks like I will tag @wchnu
    He is a great guy to know and he is close to your area.

SThomas92 likes this.
  4. SThomas92

SThomas92 Member

Great, thanks! Would be cool to know some local wet-shavers.

5. ordinaryshaver

If you have any questions about how to bloom Williams to make it even better than it is, @wchnu is the one to ask.

RyX likes this.
  6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Greets from Burbank and Nicholson. Good to see another BR guy around. I like the Omega brushes also. Be sure to check out Semogue too. The 1305 is a favorite of mine. Ignore @ordinaryshaver for the most part by the way.... I see a lot of good advise has already started flowing!!

RyX and Linuxguile like this.
  7. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

greetings

8. ordinaryshaver

Now @wchnu we just have to get him on the SE bandwagon! Looks like all yall deep south folks gonna rise up and try to take over this shave hobby!

RyX likes this.
  9. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

Welcome to TSD--always a handy source of helpful advice and good cheer!

I can't think of a more challenging environment for shaving than hot and humid weather. Guys from the deep South need every advantage they can get!

10. ordinaryshaver

We have winter, it may only be for 2 weeks at the of January, but it is here.
    On the plus side, it make you really appreciate Menthol soaps!

brit likes this.
  11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs046: @SThomas92 from here in western NY. Glad you decided to join us at TSD. As to a recommendation for a nice boar brush I would suggest an Omega (I have a 40033 that I enjoy), Zenith or Semogue. As @Linuxguile suggested, you don't have to pay a lot to get a fine brush; mine was only $7 and makes me happy. I think the better question for you, is what kind of handle do yo like? I use to think I would like the larger barber style, but I found I prefer the shorter ones and also the stout ones. I like some weight in my handles hence I enjoy building and restoring vintage brushes. Check out @Jayaruh brushes Jayaruh Brushes Page that are lovingly handmade and come at a very reasonable adoption fee.

As for soaps, I as well enjoy Stirling soaps and haven't stayed far to give other opinions.

12. brit

brit in a box

i like and own a few boars , omega and semogue are a great choice...

13. gadabout

gadabout Well-Known Member

A belated welcome to you SThomas92. For a boar brush recommendation, I can’t say enough about the Semogue 830. I swear it’s better than my silver badger brushes.