Shave frequency.

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by ordinaryshaver, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Deeter

Deeter Well-Known Member

Qod. Louder velcro.

Keithmax, RyX and Frijolero like this.
  2. gadabout

gadabout Well-Known Member

I shave every day. If I wait longer than a day, then it’s just not enjoyable, due to my heavy and fast growing facial hair.

3. canoeroller

canoeroller Well-Known Member

Every day for me. I like shaving, why skip it?

4. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Great responses, all!

RyX and Frijolero like this.
  5. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I used to shave 6 days a week taking Sunday off. And sometimes Saturday as well. Now that I don't go into an office every day I shave when I want. Sometimes I have to shave back to back because of meetings. But, for instance, I just went the longest time between shaves that I have in a long long time. My last shave was last Thursday, Thanksgiving. So it was an entire week before I shaved this morning. The first wtg pass was somewhat uncomfortable as there was significant pulling on my longish beard. But the 2nd and 3rd passes and touchup was typical of my other shaves. End result was BBS with no weepers. And only a couple stings on my neck from the alum. Nice to be clean shaven again and spent the day faceturbating.

6. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Everyday for me, though I skip weekends sometimes.

7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I haven't shaved in a week, I have a bunch of family stuff going on right now, I tend to put others needs first.
    Normally every other day.

8. Laird

Laird Well-Known Member

Like MntnMan62, I recently went a full week without shaving. I haven't gone that long since I started with DE back in the spring of 2013. It's Sunday night now, and I haven't shaved since Friday morning and it's already bugging me. Tomorrow for sure. I find every other day shaving is perfect for me, usually Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays in the late afternoon around 4-6pm. Then Sunday morning to split the difference before starting over on the next Monday.

Keithmax, RyX, ordinaryshaver and 2 others like this.
  9. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I have to say that I don't like how my face feels with a beard. It gets pretty itchy, something I'm not a big fan of. Why I let it go for a full week has me puzzled. I guess I was just feeling lazy for a bit. But that won't happen again for a very very long time.

Keithmax, BigMike, RyX and 2 others like this.
  10. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Every other day.

11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Shave every day for the last 25yrs+ because of my job, I did grow a beard when I went into early retirement for a couple of months(rebel) and have not looked back. I will miss the odd day some times in a year over some situation that I can not get to a shave comfortably location (traveling).

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    RyX, ordinaryshaver and Frijolero like this.
  12. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I guess you could call me a day to day person. Depends on how I feel, or need to shave. Mostly every other day.

13. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Occasionally i will skip a day or 2 but usually due to letting skin settle down after a bad shave.

Shave daily for the most part as there are WAY too many great soaps and so little time. Sometimes wish i could shave 5x a day, its one of the few hobbies/passions i have left.

14. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

I like to shave every day, but life is a little hectic at the moment so I’m only shaving 2 or 3 times a week.

ordinaryshaver, RyX and Frijolero like this.
  15. RyX

RyX DoH!

Being an Every Other Day shaver last couple years has worked OK. I'm going to try an experiment - drop back from 3 to 4 passes & clean up DFS/BBS to a 2 pass SAS/CCS. I enjoy my shave time and would like to every day but "chasing the baby" and slower growth doesn't require.

Updates in The 30 Day Rule / Focus Group...

ordinaryshaver and Frijolero like this.
  16. mousecop

mousecop Active Member

I shave every day. But I gave up on chasing BBS every shave. I would rather shave more frequently with less passes than less frequently with more passes. So I shave every day (plus my job requires it, and collar shirts are irritating with facial/neck hair). Two passes, one WTG and one XTG with some touch ups. Done.

Frijolero, Ursa and RyX like this.
  17. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

Facial hair has historically been considered repulsive in my Tribal culture, so I shave daily--and sometimes twice a day.

Very occasionally will take a weekend day off if my face is roughed up from a bad shave during the preceding week.

ordinaryshaver and Frijolero like this.
  18. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

3 passes every day. I was on travel abroad last week and shaved with a cartridge-- hated it. My face felt raw and I had a rough beard by early evening. It reminded me of just how much better shaving is with a DE.

19. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

The hubby usually shaves every day, though he’ll sometimes skip it on the weekend, For me, it’s 1-2x/week, which works well for legs.

Frijolero and ordinaryshaver like this.
  20. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

I was always tuned into a shaving frequency of 1 SHz (1 Shaving Hertz / once per day).

Edison Carter and Frijolero like this.