December 2018 30 Day Rule/Focux Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Nov 30, 2018.

?

What will be the most decadent part of your December shaves?

1. My razor(s). Seriously - I'm bringing the finest of the fine.

16 vote(s)
    39.0%
  2. My soaps/cremes. Seriously - Gonna be so luxurious I may be unable to talk.

15 vote(s)
    36.6%
  3. My aftershaves/balms. Seriously - Almost too good to even use without being arrested.

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  4. My cookies. Seriously - I'm drooling just thinking about those cookies.

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  5. My donuts. Seriously - You think I drool over cookies? Check this out!

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  6. My ice cream. Seriously - when you have ice cream who needs cookies and donuts?

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  7. Just looking at my beautiful self in the mirror. Seriously - who could ask for anything more?

16 vote(s)
    39.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Jason, Fine Platinum is a great scent. Pretty strongly scented in my opinion. I haven't tried Stirling Executive Man yet (believe it or not) but Platinum worked well. I sold my soap and splash set not too long ago as I wasn't using it but I kept a sample of the splash for periodic use. Think smoky pineapple when you smell it for the first time.

Thanks, Andrew! I agree that $16 for shaving cream is pretty high. All of Fine's products are a little steep in price.

2. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

If you get slapped when you give your wife the money, you didn't give her enough. :)

3. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

Some of my best shavers are actually quite ugly, but with good lather and proper technique they perform amazingly. A lot of people wouldn’t even consider shaving with them. Most I’ll restore to at least a presentable level.

4. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Norcalnewb, clint64, 9nein9 and 4 others like this.
  5. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Excellent setup, Paul!
    This is the one RazorRock handle that I haven't been able to get my hands on. They are in stock now, I hope they stay that way then the new Mamba .70 is released.

6. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

It has come in, and yes, I do get the pineapple for sure. I have to travel for a few days next week and I think I'll take it with me.
    I agree about the price of the cream, and of the splashes, but I only pay about $15 Cdn for their 3.5OZ Triple Milled Soaps. I find them a really good deal, actually. I got the Platinum in their tub for a few bucks more (well, before the closeout price anyway). The tub is ridiculously small. Small tubs are definitely my #1 shaving product pet peeve...

7. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

For those of you who haven’t guessed, I’m not a fan of floral fu-fu smelling scents. At all. Today, however, I decided to shave with GD Magnolia and follow it up with CL Yuzu, Rose and Patchouli. Despite none of these scents being down my alley, the whole effect was quite nice. Who knows, maybe this is the beginning of a kinder, gentler @BaylorGator, and a scent trend for the modern revolutionary... Yeah, NO. But it may see repeat performances when I need to cover the stench of burnt borscht after returning from an attack on one of the cartel’s fake cookie storehouses.
    DB0E9F2D-FB07-45FF-B1EA-4BCD56B208B0.jpeg

Keithmax, Paul76, Terry and 17 others like this.
  8. PLAla

I haven't seen anyone use one of these and just learned about them yesterday. This is the MinGoose from Mongoose Razors. This is a single edge razor in the style of artist club razors but it takes injector blades and not AC blades. Hence the MinGoose title. They made some and do not plan to make any more. Maggards has about 100 in stock. $165 price tag which is way, way beyond my razor budget of $20 or less. It would be neat to try.

[​IMG]

9. drnausheerp

drnausheerp Active Member

Thank you. Not a very premium cream but it's what all that I have access to at the moment.

10. PLAla

Great photo, Randy!

11. Linuxguile

SOTD DEcember 7th
    [​IMG]

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
    RazoRock Baby Smooth
    Pol Silver Super Iridium(4)
    Yaqi Mysterious Space(24mm fan knot, Frigate Class)
    Stirling Black Pepper Lime Soap and AS

Finally caught up after taking a day off yesterday to put up Christmas decorations at the house. Today was the fourth shave on this Pol Silver and its still cutting like a brand new blade. I dont know if its because these blades are just that good or if me taking it out of the razor and rinsing and drying it between shaves is having that much of an impact. First shave with the Stirling Black Pepper Lime. First of off black pepper EO smells nothing like I would have thought it would. I agree with Perry @PLAla that it imparts an almost earthy feel to the scent. I love lime though and this just became in instant favorite. Finished off with the matching splash, the only thing missing is menthol. Have a great weekend my friends!

TGIF!!!
    20181201_120155.jpg

Keithmax, Paul76, Terry and 16 others like this.
  12. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Sometimes the "rough spots" provide character and personality for the razor. There's a history behind a lot of the razors we use. It's nice to have a reminder of that.

13. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I asked myself that question after I was done with the shave. Actually spent some time staring at my gear trying to figure that one out. I may have given away the best shave of the month in the first week.

14. Linuxguile

love that Lemon Drop!!

mrchick, Norcalnewb, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  15. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Will do.
    Agreed. It starts at home.
    Details tomorrow.
    Don't know yet...the drama starts at 6pm.

16. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

The scales on the razor look very nice, Paul. That is quite a jug of Don Julio you have as well!
    A kinder, gentler Randy... or Mr. Floral Fu Fu... be careful, you have no CT yet:cool:
    TGIF! It's about time! Those slippers are classic.
    Glad to hear the new scent is a winner as well, Andrew.

17. Linuxguile

Thank you Jason!

18. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Looks like you opened a new door just a little Randy. Congrats. :happy088:

19. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Great pics, Andrew! The scent of the soap sounds interesting.
    Logan looks great!

TGIF!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

20. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good luck with that Joseph. We are all pulling for you. :happy088:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.