NB '18

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by CliffDweller, Dec 10, 2017.

1. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I've technically reached the end of my year successfully. I'm rolling into year two and trying to whittle down my stockpile.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS, dbersh, Paul Turner and 2 others like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

You must have a huge amount. Are we talkin Pasteur's Pharmacy(the Gold Mine of Shaving Products)?

brit likes this.
  3. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I'm talking 5 years may not be long enough.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

brit and AGHisBBS like this.
  4. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

I'm still good.

Bama Samurai and brit like this.
  5. Paul Turner

That's incredible...I used the same name for Pasteur's in two different posts.

6. Paul Turner

I don't like to presume, as it makes a pres out of you and me, but when you say "nothing left"....do you have a Bill Neumann?(Wm. Neumann&Co.)?

7. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Looking back at 2018, I made 2 shaving purchases. I purchased 2 aftershaves from Perry and then I found a Standard Razor, raw aluminum, on ebay and bought it. However, I've used up a couple of soaps and finished out 2 tubes of Bigelow shaving cream, so I'm still working down the stash...even if I'm out.

PLAla and Screwtape like this.
  8. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

I’m still in and going strong! Of course, this is helped by the fact that I haven’t shaved in months, due to costuming needs for 2 different stage plays I’ve been in...

Santa says, stay on the Nice list folks! Looking forward to shaving this off in two weeks!

1B0D0885-9D68-4C99-82E4-A5EE993244F3.jpeg
    80DA8C6A-37E2-4800-B0F5-521524366824.jpeg

Attached Files:

9. pisces_0

pisces_0 Well-Known Member

Gearing up for another shot at this in '19.

Hopefully I can make it past February this time.
    :happy102:

10. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

No. And it turned out I didn't have a number of other soaps, splashes and brushes either. Which piled my NB'18 on the rocks in September. Which was still a lot better than 2017's March...

jtspartan and Paul Turner like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

serious about nb19...

12. Screwtape

I'm serious about it too... I am seriously not going to bother next year...

Primotenore, jtspartan and brit like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

i just need to use my stuff more, ...

Paul Turner and Screwtape like this.
  14. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Or just say "I collect shaving gear as a hobby."

15. pisces_0

I'm locked in for NB '19. The den is well stocked with a great rotation of soaps and splashes, and my RAD is virtually non-existent. Giving this a hard push for next year.

@Screwtape I'll get those Rolls parts out to you this week. Apologies for the delay.

16. Screwtape

Good luck with your NB'19 then. No worries about the Rolls parts - if you had got them out the door earlier, they would just have sat in a Canada Post warehouse longer, caught as the posties' rotating strike rotated through my area.

brit likes this.
  17. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

My No Buy 2018 went great! I didn't buy anything, except to replace products of which I was completely out. Otherwise, it would have been a Maintain Inventory At Current Levels rather than a No Buy. My only purchases were a bottle of Kiss My Face shaving cream, a cake of artisan soap (that very quickly transitioned to bath soap), a bottle of Nivea aftershave balm, and a jar of Art of Shaving shaving cream. The total was about $45, and I still have about 2 months worth of shaving cream and 90 percent of the after shave balm left.

In 2019 and thereafter, I will buy a 100 pack of blades, shaving cream and aftershave balm as I run out. Perhaps an artisan soap instead of shaving cream. It's nice not being a shopaholic. Cost effective, too. ;)

mrchick, Frijolero, brit and 2 others like this.
  18. pisces_0

This is very inspiring! Thanks for posting a wrap up on your NB.

I'm loaded for bear going into '19. A much better state (both with inventory and my ADs) than where I was at in the beginning of this year when I tried NB'18.

mrchick, Shaver X, brit and 1 other person like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

using my stuff more..want 2 or 3 more, none needed.

Shaver X likes this.
  20. CliffDweller

CliffDweller Well-Known Member

Still in dbersh, looks like only two of us are crossing the finish line this year!

Screwtape, brit and mrchick like this.