The Haul: December 2018

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Nov 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

hello folks, just arrived... 20181214_235617.jpg d-3 tv special..she s a beaut...

2. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I picked up a wooden jewelry box last night at a thrift store for $5. It's in pretty decent shape.

005.JPG

It's also a music box and plays the theme from the movie "Love Story" but I doubt that I'll be winding it up too often.

006.JPG

Inside the top is a deep compartment with a removable sliding tray and then there is a bottom drawer. The size of the bottom drawer is compromised to make room for the music box in the back. The main compartment, sliding tray, and drawer can accommodate several razors of various sizes but you can see from the photos that some longer models would have to be stored sideways or at an angle.

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

It is very similar in size to a couple of mini tool boxes that I have. The tool box is smaller on the outside but has more interior room.

011.JPG

012.JPG

I don't really need more storage space so if I don't use it for shaving gear I can always put it on a dresser and keep my man jewelry (watches, cuff links, etc.) in it.

3. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Nice one. The TV Specials that I have all have plating issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

jimjo1031 and brit like this.
  4. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Ok those are awesome. You find the coolest stuff

jimjo1031, TestDepth and John Beeman like this.
  5. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Nice razor.

6. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

That is a neat idea using a toolbox to store razors. I use a reproduction Chenco Gillette tin with some oxygen absorber packets in it.

jimjo1031, John Beeman and Jorvaljr like this.
  7. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Thanks

8. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

A couple of cases from @John Ruschmeyer to re-line and some clasps for case projects..............

cases.jpg

9. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I use little packets as well but I took them out for the picture.
    They work good for keeping things dry.

10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Picked up my Ruger EC9s, a nice budget pistol. Wife has the 380 Shield EZ, a very nice one.

11. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Early little Christmas present from my Daughter. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. RyX

RyX DoH!

Nice knife! All four of my children were presented a pocket knife at appropriate ages. Soon the grandkids will be responsible enough for theirs.

I EDC a Buck #373, the next sized down of the same pattern.

13. cliffb599

Carried this Camilius for around 30 years. My Daughter said it’s time for a New one. [​IMG]

14. RyX

RyX DoH!

Looks like it's just getting comfortable. Carbon steel blades?

15. cliffb599

Yes carbon steel blades.

AGHisBBS, jimjo1031 and RyX like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

just arrived ..the ultimate shave soap..;) 20181216_124326.jpg

17. RyX

RyX DoH!

That stuff is good for restoring dry leather and improving water repellence!

Edison Carter and brit like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

9bf327f87d92ae88719112488d621951.jpg exactly...

AGHisBBS, Frijolero, dmshaver and 5 others like this.
  19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

This is strange that we had a parcel delivery this evening but it's more than likely from the mail service trying to catch from the mail rotating strike recently. Now I have a couple of extra GEM mmoc that I thought were a right off because they where delivered to the wrong address , so I went ahead and ordered two more and they all showed up. This story ended well so I'm leaving it there. These Razors are like new after going through sterilization and cleaning and the Gillette techmatic is not going to be used but it is a neat razor that the astronauts used in the Apollo space program. I got a Gillette old type with the split handle and that razor got some major use because the owner wore most of the nickel off the top cap. I had a spare Tech handle and that one will get used down the road, that razor was used when Gillette had only the 3 holed blades. Enjoy some vintage razor history, I know I sure am.
    From the Wild Dec 16-2018 (2).jpg

20. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

It has been a really busy weekend. RAD kicked into today at a antique mall. A K4 and a J2 Slim. Also picked up a no notch Super Speed which I believe is a 47 model. I have got to get them cleaned up and make them part of the den. 20181216_170400.jpg

Herm2502, BlaydRunner, Ron R and 15 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.