Arko, what a pleasant surprise

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by KenH, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Lord Gillette

Lord Gillette Active Member

Sometimes it irritates and dries my skin so I rarely use it anymore.....

RyX likes this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

I don't get the irritation. It's a good soap for me after eating Southern fried chicken.

brit likes this.
  3. NoWeepers

NoWeepers Member

Maggard sells an empty plastic tube for $1-2 which perfectly fits a stick of Arko. Seems worth getting. Also, I confirm what was said in an earlier post that the scent gets weaker a little after you open it. Now mine just smells like a bar of Ivory. Utterly fantastic lather, and a great value.

RyX likes this.
  4. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

I just used Arko yesterday for my Tuesday shave.
    Busted out a great lather, and had a great shave. Now to quote Fuzzy, try the Williams sometime, you may like it also.

brit likes this.
  5. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Arko was my first real shave soap. Was on Shave Butter, Shave Gel, and canned foam before this. I have not looked back after buying my first Arko.

6. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Years ago I started my DE shaving adventure with Arko. I found the Arko packaging very nifty and the shaving surface it created quite superb. But like some I could just not get beyond the pungent aroma as it gave me flashbacks of latrine duty when I worked for uncle Sam. I have many fond memories of serving my country but operating a industrial strength lemon scented tooth brush was not one of them.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  7. luv2shave

luv2shave Active Member

Just had a quick Friday evening shave (my time zone) with Arko shave stick , Pinaud Clubman AS and Razorock Aluminium baby smooth razor ! Slick lather and a close shave - ready to step out !

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk