Soap rotation

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Erik Redd, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Somnos

Somnos Well-Known Member

That "Christmas Tree" sounds awesome...

brit, Frijolero and preidy like this.
  2. Zed117

Zed117 Well-Known Member

I have 8 Stirling soaps on rotation. They have become my favorite over the last few years. I also use their Edt, shampoo and deodorant.

BamaT, Ijustmissedthe50s, RyX and 3 others like this.
  3. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

I just use one soap at a time. For me, there is no point in doing otherwise. I will get to whatever other soaps I want to try in good time. If I want to try lots of soaps in a short time, then I get a bunch of samples.

RyX, brit, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  4. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

I did this from 2004 til a year ago or so.... until I found this forum. Now I have a selection and alternate wonderful soaps and creams and love the variety. To each their own.

RyX, brit and Frijolero like this.
  5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I have one shave soap & my husband has one. When either of our soap bowls gets empty I refill it. Nice & simple.

BamaT, DesertTime, RyX and 3 others like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

with my recent upgrade in shaves per week, i am using more and getting them dialed in better.some soaps are vastly improving..

Paul Turner and RyX like this.
  7. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I currently have 34 full sized soap tubs. I have them on shelves that hold them sideways, so I grab from the right, and move it to the left when I am done. I always have one soap I am working on finishing, so that one gets used every other shave. I only shave every 2-3 days, so my rotation takes about 4 months to get through. I have used up or PIFed the soaps I don't like, so am just using ones I really like. I used up 8 soaps in 2018. Going to try not to get anymore in 2019, and see if I can get the number down.

GatorJoe, PLAla, brit and 1 other person like this.
  8. Somnos

Somnos Well-Known Member

I have joined the 2019 Shave Sabbatical over on B&B and will not be adding anything to the den in 2019. Lots of stuff for me to dial in and play with.

9. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

I decided to add a couple of creams to the rotation, it's been quite a while since I used creams. A tub of Geo F Trumper Rose and an tub of Coconut were just delivered today. I think I'll start with the Rose for February.

BamaT and Frijolero like this.
  10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Used up 8 soaps last year???? I'm jealous-what can I say?

Frijolero likes this.
  11. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Love the scent of their rose. I once had a puck of the hard soap. For two weeks I kept trying anything I could think of to make that crap work, just for the scent. I was defeated. The cream is the only way to go.

Erik Redd likes this.