December 2018 30 Day Rule/Focux Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Nov 30, 2018.

?

What will be the most decadent part of your December shaves?

1. My razor(s). Seriously - I'm bringing the finest of the fine.

16 vote(s)
    39.0%
  2. My soaps/cremes. Seriously - Gonna be so luxurious I may be unable to talk.

15 vote(s)
    36.6%
  3. My aftershaves/balms. Seriously - Almost too good to even use without being arrested.

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  4. My cookies. Seriously - I'm drooling just thinking about those cookies.

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  5. My donuts. Seriously - You think I drool over cookies? Check this out!

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  6. My ice cream. Seriously - when you have ice cream who needs cookies and donuts?

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  7. Just looking at my beautiful self in the mirror. Seriously - who could ask for anything more?

16 vote(s)
    39.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

20181225_114225.jpg
    New Fatip was a joy to use with a new Feather blade in the late morning shave! One pass with the straight for practice sake. Lots and lots of lather this morning, rinsed it off once before shaving just to feel the nice brush on the face goodness again.
    3 pass face, 3 pass head shave.
    Fatip Retro very good shaver, reminds me of my brass Gem Juniors I like so much. The blade feel is light and the weight is what I like in a razor of this type. The handle is thin, but grip is surprisingly good.

If you are reading this,
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    When you meet some one who hasen't read this, wish them a
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    from me.
    Thanks!
    To all
    Enjoy
    tp

2. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

789FDD55-ADD1-4F74-BEA8-364730ED7E11.jpeg 9DC16DED-4267-4E89-BCB2-6540FFDB9353.jpeg 72D85D6D-810A-4759-8748-CF37D36F8B89.jpeg 46977DB8-4E37-4896-BC98-8088D9E53400.jpeg
    Murray Christmas, everybody!

3. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

I have to do it every other year with my furnace, they don’t go bad as long as the ceramic isn’t cracked or have a hole in them. It’s an easy fix to try before having to make an expensive call especially on a holiday.

4. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

5244posts/587hrs=

8.9posts/hour

5. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD December 25, 2018

Prep: Cold water and Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: Schick
    Razor: Schick G1
    Brush: JR #142 black badger
    Soap: Stirling Ozark Mountain

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Please, if you will, keep Martha in your prayers. Martha is my wife's best friend and was the bridesmaid in our wedding. She was involved in a terrible car wreck yesterday evening. Her cousin was killed in the accident. Martha is having heart surgery right now and has other major complications. Her long term prognosis is good and she's expected to survive, but the road will be long and tough. This happened in Mobile and we are 4 hours away in Birmingham. Alice is pretty upset as you can imagine. We would appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Hug your loved ones an extra time.

Otherwise, I hope everyone's Christmas experience was wonderful. Wilson had a blast opening gifts but oddly enough opened them slowly and wanted to take apart and play with each gift before moving to the next one. It took much longer to open gifts than we expected. But, that's not a problem! Great memories.

Enjoy your day. We are going to another family gathering tonight and will go to Mobile so we can help out later this week.

SOTD 12-25-18.JPG

6. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

So sorry to hear about Martha. She is in our thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

RyX, brit, wristwatchb and 3 others like this.
  7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great shave Charlie. Enjoy the movie this afternoon.

Excellent shave Rick. Have a great day with the Family. Merry Christmas.

Great shave Terry. Merry Christmas.

I am so sorry Perry. I will keep Martha in my prayers along with Alice and your family.

Paul76, RyX, Terry and 5 others like this.
  8. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

The "numbers guy" inside my head can't resist. Based on our current posting rate we will post as many messages in 42 hours as we did the entire month of February 2015. That was our slowest month here. Our busiest month? We'll have a total come January 1 because we're just pushing the record higher at, apparently, 8.9 posts per hour. :bounce017:

9. PLAla

Thank you, Jim and Clint. It's always hard to get bad news on Christmas day. Sorry to be a downer to the thread!

clint64, Paul76, RyX and 2 others like this.
  10. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

I am sorry to hear about your friend, Perry. I will pray for Martha and for her family and friends during this difficult time.

clint64, Paul76, RyX and 4 others like this.
  11. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Wishing all the best for Martha. As far as Wilson and his gift opening methods? Smart kid. Get that early play time in. Make Christmas morning last longer. He's in charge and he knows it!

Keithmax, clint64, Paul76 and 6 others like this.
  12. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thanks Clint!

clint64, brit, jluc and 1 other person like this.
  13. PLAla

Thank you, John.

Most definitely, Neal! Wilson is no dummy. He runs the show.

clint64, NCoxSTL, Paul76 and 5 others like this.
  14. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Perry, I'm so sorry to hear this news. I will pray for Martha, those impacted by the horrible accident and your family. Safe travels to Mobile.

clint64, PLAla, Paul76 and 4 others like this.
  15. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

DEcember 25th
    Cooper MonoBilt
    B&M Seville
    30DC LE
    Thayers
    CL GLSq. AS
    5A00AD46-BD17-4954-8164-C68BE74C2A9A.jpeg
    Took a few minutes after all the presents this morning to have a nice shave before the afternoon festivities. Awesome 2 pass shave.
    Let me join the chorus of best wishes for the holidays. From my family to you and yours, I wish you all a safe, relaxing and wonderful Christmas.
    I realize often how privileged I am to have found this little corner of civility and comradery. Take care all!

16. brit

brit in a box

awesome set up and pic..

clint64, PLAla and jluc like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

nice set up danny

clint64, PLAla and jluc like this.
  18. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thank you, Gary!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

clint64, PLAla and brit like this.
  19. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I am sorry to hear about your friend, Perry.

20. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    December Focus
    [​IMG]
    Mystic Water Irish Traveller~~Semogue Taj Mistura~~'56 Super-Speed~~Personna 74~~Creed GIT
    Thank you all for your concern about my furnace, but after reading Perry's post, my problem is nothing.
    I hope all of the wonderful members of TSD have a very merry Christmas and a fantastic 2019.

Best wishes from your very own Primo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.