December 2018 30 Day Rule/Focux Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Nov 30, 2018.

?

What will be the most decadent part of your December shaves?

1. My razor(s). Seriously - I'm bringing the finest of the fine.

16 vote(s)
    39.0%
  2. My soaps/cremes. Seriously - Gonna be so luxurious I may be unable to talk.

15 vote(s)
    36.6%
  3. My aftershaves/balms. Seriously - Almost too good to even use without being arrested.

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  4. My cookies. Seriously - I'm drooling just thinking about those cookies.

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  5. My donuts. Seriously - You think I drool over cookies? Check this out!

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  6. My ice cream. Seriously - when you have ice cream who needs cookies and donuts?

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  7. Just looking at my beautiful self in the mirror. Seriously - who could ask for anything more?

16 vote(s)
    39.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I trust you all had a better holiday than we did. DD and I started with an upper respiratory infection on Monday and pretty much slept through Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

You could be right Jim. :happy088:

3. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Hope your okay now John. Sometimes sleep is the best medicine.

4. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Rare that I post shaves, but here's one for Decadent December.

Proraso, my fav pre-shave, just a little goes a long way. Noxema? Fuggettaboutit!

Stirling unscented, because I love the puffs of rich thick lather from mutton tallow, but not a super fan of most of the scents offered (although Scots Pine is OK with me).

Lather up with the Stirling Badger Fan. Could be the greatest value around in badger. Love the handle. I'd drop the cash instantly for one with a syn tuxedo fan.

Did the stropping routine then hit the ugly mug with a hot washcloth and relathered. No shortage of the suds. I became a cold water shaver with safeties, but grew to like hot with a straight.

First time out with this Cocobolo scaled Sunday Shaver that the Lovely Mrs Headroom authorized for Christmas. Shoulderless 5/8 extra hollow, expertly honed at TSS. My first one is sooo delightful, I wanted a 2nd for a measure for when I undertake a rehone.

Treated the skin to the lime flavored Trumpers Skin Food. I'll always have some of this magic elixir.

The glorious Stank of the day is Tuscany for the finish. A sweet clean fresh floral aroma that you are sure NOT to like IF you are into the smells of ashtrays, bar rooms, or dirt naps. However the gals in the Headroom household love it, and yea, I still got my man-card.

Hoping everyone had a Blessed Christmas!

20181226_104325.jpg

5. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Great report! Congrats on the new razor.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

6. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Step it up

7. mrchick

Thank you!

Linuxguile, clint64, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  8. mrchick

Thank you Doug. Happy New Year!

Linuxguile, clint64, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  9. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Happy New Year Brian. :bounce017::bounce017::bounce017:

Linuxguile, mrchick, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

excellent pic and set up..williams and a wilkinson brush is a good combination..:happy088:

11. brit

brit in a box

lovely pic and set up..

Linuxguile, clint64, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  12. RyX

RyX DoH!

Off and on and now it seems a permanent thing - my nephew's dog Hurley came to stay with me. My around the house companion, and he loves going for a ride in the truck. Then daughter and kids joined the household. Now at meal time he post up under the dining room table. If it's not dropped food the outright gifted nibbles have divided his attention between the three children and put me in 4th place. I'm glad he's not a chewer of shoes and such. Certain toys have been partially consumed. Anything tennis ball sized is on his list for a taste test and possible destruction. The house wouldn't be our home without critters.

John, you aren't a proper Lurker because you post. It's THOSE members that read along with the thread but haven't signed up for their first 30 Rule or Focus. We'll get em one day. I resisted before joining The Crew because I wasn't sure I could stick with a setup. Still haven't completed a proper Rule. Maybe we can get THEM to try a Focus - like choosing one item of gear but rotate other stuff for a month?

jtspartan, clint64, Keithmax and 11 others like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

i hope you are feeling better today..

14. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

:thanks: Gary.

15. brit

brit in a box

nice set up charlie..

16. brit

brit in a box

one reason i chose to collect vintage gillettes is what would my grandad would /could have used during or after ww2..my mom said he was a gillette man but i don t have and never saw his razors..he was a big deal to me so its nice to imagine what he had..

17. brit

brit in a box

awesome set up and pic si
    awesome set up and pic sir,thank you for sharing..happy christmas..

18. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

The question being, is he looking forward to the next 12000 posts, or the next 12000 razors?:happy102:

19. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

It would be nice to know what your grandfather used.

Linuxguile, clint64, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  20. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

I think the closest I've come to doing a rule was in March when I first joined up. Same razor, brush, blade and soap. I wasn't shaving daily then so I'm pretty sure it was less than twenty shaves. Probably closer to fifteen.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Linuxguile, clint64, Keithmax and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.