Question on Razorock Soaps.....

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Redrock, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Somnos

Somnos Well-Known Member

Wow! Easier to shop using your drawer instead of their website! LOL

RyX, Linuxguile, brit and 2 others like this.
  2. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

Wow. That is a lot of soaps.:shocked029:

brit and luv2shave like this.
  3. luv2shave

luv2shave Active Member

This is the RR drawer ;)

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

4. brit

brit in a box

musky tobacco is how they describe it, does have leather in it.

Somnos, RyX and Paul Turner like this.
  5. mousecop

mousecop Active Member

I would recommend The Dead Sea or Santa Maria del Fiore, by far their best performing IMO

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Somnos, brit and Redrock like this.
  6. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I have one Razorock soap. Santal Royale. I don't use it very often but for some reason I decided to pull it out for today's shave. I use it so infrequently that the swirl of the soap as it was poured into the tub is still prominent on the puck. This stuff really lathers very easily. I loaded it for 1 minute, no blooming and then bowl lathered it. I ended up with enough for about 6 passes easily. I hadn't shaved in several days so my growth was pretty long. By my second pass, all facial hair was largely gone. I had one weeper, due to my own error of applying pressure by mistake. Virtually no irritation. And a BBS shave where I can get one which is everywhere but the left side of my neck. But the other thing that really sticks out for me is how much I really love the scent. It really is nice. And I reflect on the fact that I didn't really buy it for myself. It came in a prepackaged kit when I was putting together a starter kit for a friend and I substituted Proraso White cream since I didn't want to complicate things with a soap at first for him. So I kept the Santal Royale for myself. I'm really happy I did. If I ever actually finish this tub, I'll probably be near my death bed but I'd probably want to buy another tub. I like it that much. I'm interested in trying some other RR soaps and I'm thinking of trying XXX. I've seen lots of good reviews of it. I wonder if RR has a barbershop scent. Some of my favorites are Stirling Barbershop, WSP T Formula Barbershop and WCS Gatsby No. 1. Does RR make a nice barbershop scented soap that performs well that anyone can recommend?

luv2shave, Somnos, brit and 2 others like this.
  7. Somnos

Somnos Well-Known Member

They do have one and it is aptly called “American Barber”...I have it in rotation with the matching aftershave splash. Nothing fancy but a nice scent.

luv2shave and RyX like this.
  8. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I also notice they have one called Blue Barbershop. I wonder how that one compares to the American Barber?

Somnos, luv2shave, brit and 1 other person like this.
  9. Somnos

Somnos Well-Known Member

I have not tried that one myself.

10. RyX

RyX DoH!

Part of the price of Neumann soap is royalties to whom ever owns the name. I haven't tried the soap or salad dressing but assume there is a level of quality that comes with the label.

RazoRock What The Puck soaps kind of follow a similar path. RR didn't make the soap, but they did approve the quality and put their label on it. For me, it's one of my better soap and I'm sure to purchase more based on that experience.

If it's the same base as WTP Lime Burst it ought to be good quality triple milled Italian soap. Italian Barber has all three on sale as a set for cheap...
    I've never owned a Blue scented soap or aftershave. Are these meant to copy Floid Blue?

Somnos and brit like this.
  11. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    BEST Acqua di Parma Colonia dupe on the market.

Somnos and brit like this.
  12. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Off topic, but I love your name and avatar!

13. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Blue Barbershop is based on the scent of Floid Blue aftershave. I've never tried Floid Blue, but I like Blue Barbershop a lot. American Barber is a take on YSL Rive Gauche. That's the same scent behind Fine American Blend. RR American Barber is a darker, more smoky scent compared to Fine American Blend.

luv2shave and Somnos like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

does neumann dressing come in a pump bottle? just kidding ,but would like to try it down the line..

Paul Turner and Somnos like this.
  15. Somnos

Somnos Well-Known Member

Really? I have to scoop some of that!

Primotenore and brit like this.
  16. Somnos

Somnos Well-Known Member

Excellent points...

PLAla and brit like this.
  17. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

I still have a little of my original XXX left. If fruity pebbles could be made into a shaving soap......it would be XXX

Somnos, Linuxguile and SHAVEWIZARD420 like this.
  18. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I believe Newmann Soaps are Melt & Pour, but 8oz of soap should last a very long time reguardless. Havent tried their products but have heard great things, wish they did samples of their shaving creams.

19. SHAVEWIZARD420

If Fruit Loops is a close substitute, check out Caties Bubbles Saturday Morning, smells exactly like a bowl of Fruit Loops.

Somnos likes this.
  20. SHAVEWIZARD420

Nees to check out RR aftershaves one of these days. Have tried many of their soaps, but am yet to try their A/S's for some reason. Tuscan Oud or Al Sapone would be ones to consider.

Somnos and Linuxguile like this.