I waited long enough... Lisa’s Natural Herbal Creations soap.

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Str8on2, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Received a couple of her soaps yesterday, Amber & Tobacco and Haute Leather. Nice packaging, nice tubs that are sealed and poured nicely and evenly. The scents are nice, not too strong out of the tubs with plenty of room to swirl and load your soap

First up was Haute Leather and though subtle from the tub it actually picked up and became more pronounced as I began building the lather. This soap just loves to have water added to it as it just builds a smooth creaminess with a rich lather that is moist and dense. Takes a bit more time to build up an amazing lather, a la Shannon’s, GD and B&M. But it’s definitely worth the extra minute to take it to where you want it to be. I like rich, creamy and dense lather with some moisture. I’m not a big fan of fluffy or airy lather.

Full bodied texture and just wonderful peaks to it. The leather with the hand lotion like scent and earthy undertones really give it a nice aroma that is both subtle and smooth. Yet it lingers nicely in the room as you work and paint the lather on. Post shave attributes are up there with some of the elite in leaving the skin hydrated, soft and supple.

The accolades and praise is very well warranted. Excellent performance, smooth and soft scents that are pleasing (Haute Leather so far) and competitive price point. Yes, it’s my first time with this artisan but, when you know how to build lather and the consistency you like and then give it a go, you just know. It’s not rocket science here. You know good soap when you feel it. Lisa’s is a top performer in my book....

024FDD74-072D-4966-919E-E1F45EA3C705.jpeg
    87278B38-C25C-49A9-A1FF-7A17C0ADBA75.jpeg
    B84E2FC0-2F7B-4404-8CB5-669A4CF89BCF.jpeg
    828F3089-FFE0-42B3-B181-3C6DDA2C73FA.jpeg
    1BA06176-D284-45BF-9843-36F9FA42D802.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    Nicked, Shaver X, Screwtape and 13 others like this.
  2. Str8on2

Amber & Tobacco was up today. And again, just a superb performer that covers it all from soup to nuts. Lather, cushion, glide, slickness, protection and residual slickness is on par with some of the elite soaps in the business. And post shave feel? Right on par with them. Just excellent in my view......

A couple of swirls to get it started for some water.....
    C807143D-B88C-43A9-95ED-72F48630C1AD.jpeg

After about 20 seconds of agitation, a few more drops of Agua.....
    084A92D1-5038-4F0C-A4FF-B007BFB11F01.jpeg

About 40-45 seconds into the build, you can see the richness and density starting to show....
    AFE3F0B7-C7BC-4930-ADC7-98778A7C477C.jpeg

Just a little over a minute and the time and a little patience pay off big time.... The Perfect lather, for me.

E94B00BF-167E-472D-908C-5F90B0AF9FD3.jpeg
    DDA83099-2B2B-4190-919B-ECA9FAA90BDB.jpeg

3. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I have long been a fan of Lisa's soap, and I have contended that her soaps can stand alongside the big boys. I'm glad she is starting to get some recognition. I was fortunate to be part of the beta testing for the new formula, and it is fantastic, though I still love and use the old formula. I'm on a no-buy year, so I haven't been able to pick up a full size of the new yet. It's tops on my list to get by a long shot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

4. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

I've tried a couple of samples, & I agree, Lisa's is an outstanding soap. I'm getting a tub later this week or early next week, can't wait!

5. Str8on2

So, after a few shaves using Lisa’s Soaps, I put in another order for 3 more tubs of shave soap, a few bars of bath soap and a couple shave balm samples. The shave soap has been magnificent since day one. A top notch soap from start to finish and with excellent post shave results. Totally worth the price for the quality and performance one gets.

FA8302C9-2347-4812-A298-6CBEA193DEFD.jpeg

6. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

It is a really top notch soap, IMO.

Shadow Shaver likes this.
  7. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Paul Turner and Shadow Shaver like this.
  8. Str8on2

Another winner from the LNHC stable. This time it was Tashmere. Scent is very good and performance is well, you already know the answer to that one. Lisa’s is producing a solid line up of A+ soaps that can compete with anyone out there. Not that she needs to as the soap speaks for itself but, the product exudes quality that is hard to deny or dismiss....

96FA07E9-AAB0-493D-A595-5D0457E438BA.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    Paul Turner, oscar11 and Frijolero like this.
  9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Nice report.....will have to review. The Leather sounds good.

10. ShavePastor

ShavePastor New Member

How about that bar soap? Is it equally as high quality as the shave soap?

11. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

The bath soap to me is very good, silky smooth with not overwhelming scent.

Her original soap is offered in puck format and is one of my favorites. My son shaved with my Christmas Day setup which included her lavender original soap puck and he loved it, so I sent him home with a spare new puck of saffron and cedar. Since he also liked the Fine Italian Citrus aftershave I ordered him a new bottle and had it shipped. He used it last night in SoCal and was very happy. He’l Have to order his own ‘65 Gillette Faretip however.

SharptoothC likes this.
  12. Str8on2

Good to see you here brother. @GatorJoe gave a pretty good detailed description. Super silky smooth with good skin moisturizing properties. It’s good stuff....

GatorJoe likes this.
  13. Str8on2

Florida Freeze came in yesterday and threw it up for last nights shave. Won't say much about performance as it was great and all. What I found was how nice and cool the mentholated kick was. Not knock out, water your eyes up almost feels like it's hurting your skin feel like Yeti Snot was. Just a smooth and very nice cooling effect that lingered for about 45 mins to an hour.

This is going to be a go to for the hotter days. But, can still be used in cooler weather if a menthol touch is wanted. Great stuff...... Another go tonight.

8A040F46-AD06-48FC-9315-9540EDEA75BF.jpeg

14. GatorJoe

The new labels are in I see.
    I have Florida Freeze in the previous version premium formula with smaller container and I’m also a fan, but in warmer months.

15. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

I've had a sample of orange clove sitting for the last 6 months. After seeing this thread I broke it out yesterday and was very pleased wth the scent and performance. I can see me trying more in the future.

I'm really wanting to try Grooming Dept before buying more Lisa's but can't seem to catch any of the scents that I'm interested in before they sell out.

16. GatorJoe

Going with a new puck of the Somali Rose tomorrow.
    upload_2019-1-22_21-51-58.jpeg

17. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Ooh. One of my faves and one of the few rose scents I feel really confident with.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

GatorJoe likes this.