Bay Rum Aftershave Splashes

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by TraderJoe, Feb 4, 2007.

1. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Sorry, that I wouldn't be able to tell you. The scent lingers during the day well for me and it is not overpowering. At least no one in work has complained yet and I put it on about 10 minutes before heading for my desk. It does not have the burn of some of the others. Then again I use about 1/2 teaspoon at the most.

2. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Ogallala

Sorry :o

I sent my entire Ogallala stash off to Sweden :D But while I only used it 2x (will be re-stocking any day now), I can say that I did enjoy it. Its a complex bay-rum scent, and an extremely enjoyable one at that. Oh, and I would say its much better than Master.

Note, the aftershave is completely different than the Cologne. Completely different scent, ingredients. While they both last a long time, I think that aftershave may have actually lasted longer on my person (its also quite smooth as well, and moisturizing).

The Ogallala is surely one-ofa-kind.

Bottom Line :happy088

3. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

As well you should be! :p

4. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I agree. And you really don't need much. I just dabbed my finger on the end of the bottle and applied to my neck just after I posted last night before I went home and the scent lasted me in the car all the way home (1 hour). I got home and asked my wife to sniff and she gave me the thumbs up.

5. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

.....just for you, TJ

50 / 50
    SCS BayRum with a twist EdT + Master BayRum AS = RNB BayRum w/ a Squeeze Edt

I like the SCS BR w/AT but it was tooooo limey for me.
    Had to cut it !!:cool:
    Michelsons is good as a splash right after the shave but requires some layering
    .....Em's BayRum ASB is awesome in tangent with the Michelsons. Very soothing and the scent lasts for hours.

6. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Mix Master ::

That Michelson's does need layering, I think it has a shorter lifespan than St. John's. How does the Em's smell? (in comparison to the others?)

7. rick

The Em's BayRum ASB is what I am familiar with.
    ...... an intoxicating fragrance that lasts and lasts.
    I would call it spicier than Michelsons, in that there is a hint of clove or nutmeg.
    But when I layer them all together...Its BAYRUM DAY, Baby !!
    Master BayRum AS splash (or Michelsons)
    RNB BayRum AS spritz (WH+AloeGel+ cuppa drops BayRum oil)
    Em's BayRum ASB
    RNB BayRum w/ a Squeeeeeeeze EdT

and its ALL good :D

8. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Mmm... bay rum.

Nothing like Mama Bears Bay Rum soap and a splash of the Masters.

If only Trumpers Bay Rum had a little more longevity to it. The perfectly balanced Bay Rum to me.

9. Smedley

Smedley New Member

Picked up some Booster Island Bay Rum.

Their other aftershaves are swooned upon by a lot of gents, but this one isn't a hit, at least for me.

Scent lasts even shorter than the Michelson's. And the first note to hit my nose when I splash it one reminds me of ballpark yellow mustard. It gets a bit more complex after that, but still, the first note is an odd one.

As I said, the scent doesn't last very long at all. I would be so bold as to say it doesn't last past me applying my underarm deodorant.

On the plus side, it doesn't sting very much.

10. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

Yesterday, I received an order (restocking my stash) of Ogallala Bay Rum aftershave lotion. Included in the package was a free sample of “Bay Rum Limes & Peppercorns Aftershave/Cologne”; so I opened it, sniffed it and splashed some on. Wow! All I can say is its love at first smell. I’ve been having a hard time finding a lime aftershave lotion that I can embrace as a regular option – this is it! I’ll be ordering full size bottles of this stuff ASAP.

Roderick likes this.
  11. Sailinblues

Sailinblues Well-Known Member

Superior 70 Bay Rum from Puerto Rico. Great scent, very inexpensive.

12. Luxlover

Luxlover Member

More Brands to choose from.....

Good Morning Guys,

I was ready to try a Bay Rum A/S. So I started looking on Google.
    Besides the more commonly known such as Trumpers, etc. look at this list of brands I put together in just about 10 minutes.

St. Lucia Bay Rum
    St. John's Bay Rum
    Dominica Bay Rum
    Caribbean Bay Rum - Body crystal
    Bello's Bay Rum
    Bois D'inde Caribbean Bay Rum
    Oshadhi Bay St. Thomas
    Gabels Bay Rum A/S
    Honeybee Gardens Herbal A/S Bay Rum
    Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Are there any of you that can recommend any of these brands?
    Do some have good reputations?
    I know Gio has some also.

Steve

13. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Check the reviews section. I know a couple of those are there.

The Bay Rum Boys will be by soon to help further I'm sure.

14. seamus402

seamus402 You don't mess with Big Slim

The Dominica I like, but my favorite is the Ogallala - it is an Old School Bay Rum, The kind you would have received on the day of your monthly bath and shave after driving cattle all week. I really love the smell and agree about the BR Lime and Peppercorns mentioned above. Brilliant!

15. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

+1 on the Ogallala

16. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

Ogallala’s Bay Rum and customer service are superlative. John always throws in a few free samples when I make a purchase. Also, I like that he uses witch hazel (as well as alcohol) in the aftershave, I think that it does make a difference in how it conditions my skin.

17. rick

my Momma always said: "If you cant say anything nice......."

So far:

Michelsons and
    St John's

are my choices.

18. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    New custom title for rick "Thumper". :happy097

19. magoo

magoo New Member

I really like the Dominica Bay Rum..it is not too strong a scent and very mild on the face:D

20. Melon

Melon New Member

TOBS?

I''m one of those who doesn't have any Bay Rum yet, but I really like most of the "classic" aftershave scents. The only Bay Rum I've been able to find here in Perth is the TOBS. What is the general opinion on it?

Thanks for the replies!

Melon