Question on Razorock Soaps.....

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Redrock, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

How does that work?(Melt and Pour).

Somnos and SHAVEWIZARD420 like this.
  2. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Similar base to Mama Bears, Honeybee Soaps, Kell's Original, QED, Ogallala, etc. Onr of the famous M&P bases is sold by Brambleberry in bulk.

Ingredients may vary depending on what the artisan added to the base. The puck can be a translucent see-thru color, or you can tell from certain ingredients: Sorbitol or Wheat Protein being a good example. This is not to say M&P soaps are inferior or anything like that, in fact some of them are really great soaps.

Somnos and Paul Turner like this.
  3. Somnos

Somnos Well-Known Member

They are well worth looking at and honestly for the money there aren’t too many that can beat them with the slight exception of the Stirling Soap Co. AS which is ever so slightly more coin depending. Both of those should be given serious consideration by anyone.

SHAVEWIZARD420 and brit like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

have their puros,essential lime ,irish countryside and xxx..very nice aftershaves..

Somnos likes this.
  5. Somnos

Somnos Well-Known Member

I have Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars which I love how does the Puros compare to that? If you have of course... I love tobacco based scents quite a lot. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas...

brit likes this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

you too sir,a pure dark tobacco scent, some leather, very nice and rich to my nose..don t have the other...

Somnos likes this.
  7. Somnos

Somnos Well-Known Member

That is right in my wheelhouse. The Henri et Victoria is lovely and a very nice blend of the two but also rich.

SHAVEWIZARD420 and brit like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

good soap and balm,i only have the falls lumberjack set..

SHAVEWIZARD420 and Somnos like this.
  9. Somnos

Somnos Well-Known Member

Me too, love that one too.

brit likes this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

if you like green irish tweed , the rr irish countryside is good and lasts quite a while..

Somnos likes this.
  11. Somnos

Somnos Well-Known Member

Will look that one up, thanks!

brit likes this.
  12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

It appears there are many artisan companies doing Green Irish Tweed dupes.

PLAla, brit and Somnos like this.
  13. Somnos

Somnos Well-Known Member

Stilling’s is apparently quite good....

brit and PLAla like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

hi paul,after all the different brands of soaps i have tried, i think there is only 10 real scents out there and everyone has done a copy of it..just named differently..

15. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice. Stirling is certainly worth the money, have a bottle of Stirling Gentlemen EDT and it is wonderful.

As for RR, some of their scents are not for me, but Tuscan Oud is one i have been "eye ballin" for a while now. Even though lord knows i dont need any more shaving gear lol.

Somnos and brit like this.
  16. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Puros is much deeper and richer. It has a bit of humidor and cured tobacco leaf. I own and love both Puros and Cognac and Cuban Cigars. Both will be replaced when finished. That said, I have backups of Puros soap and aftershave in my closet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Somnos, brit, PLAla and 1 other person like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

i use the puros a/s on special days..lovely stuff..i use dr jons gold label soap with it . i dont own the soap

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    Somnos and SharptoothC like this.
  18. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

The soap is great, but the a/s is magic.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Somnos and brit like this.
  19. Somnos

Somnos Well-Known Member

Well as I am currently on a Shave Purchase Sabbatical for 2019 over on B&B I will file the recommendation for next Jan and look them up.

SharptoothC likes this.