January 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Dec 31, 2018.

?

What is your New Year shaving related resolution?

1. I'm going to do the hardest of all - a No-Buy '19

9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. I'm going to try shaving with straight razors (pain sticks included)

9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. I'm going to reduce the number of soaps in my den

14 vote(s)
    27.5%
  4. I'm going to buy everything in sight and build an addition to hold it all!!

6 vote(s)
    11.8%
  5. I'm going to shave. Simple, right?

30 vote(s)
    58.8%
  6. I'm going to eat more cookies. Or donuts. Or ice cream.

17 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Depends on how long they want to be a "real man" when that razor heads for the floor. :scared001:

Linuxguile, clint64, Paul76 and 9 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

cool...

3. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Nice shave Col Kurtz.

The horror....

Linuxguile, clint64, mrchick and 12 others like this.
  4. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Hmmm.. I know it’s already Thursday, but here’s Wednesday. And Lurch of course.
    C3E3BC5B-B643-4FFB-87FA-118B5E216E81.gif

Linuxguile, clint64, Paul76 and 15 others like this.
  5. Bama Samurai

For the newer crew members:

When Cartel HQ needed to be relocated without a disruption to daily ops... Chris was recovering from the previous day when, due to presbyopia and lighting conditions, head butted the open lift gate on a Toyota SUV. What really made Chris mad (@Keithmax feels this pain) was that he had just had a rhomboid and shoulder massage with Chiro adjustment. And it bled...quite a bit.

Twenty minutes away from Cartel HQ, Chris placed a folded paper towel over the cut and put on a beanie. It worked. The blood stopped as I arrived at HQ. Luckily, Mrs Neal had mad superglue and peroxide skills. 30 minutes after arrival, we were ready to rock the rest of the relocation.

Sorry for the third person, it was for clarity.

What I am actually doing is telling the new guys that this thread causes friendships to happen. A good percentage of us have actually met each other somehow.

We don't have a leader, or a cause. Neal does a great job as Blade Czar and host. We like to help people who want to get better at whatever they wanna try next.

I plan to post here 320+ days in 2019. It's good to be back.

6. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Love the Stirling .

Thanks Danny, Clubman takes me back to when I was a kid going to the barbershop with my father.

7. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Mines almost a year old, love it.

8. Bama Samurai

January 2 Shave report.

Haven't shaved since the evening of December 29.

Will remove the five day with a real straight tomorrow, and finish with the shavette ATG.

I have only three Jeeves, so Jeeves LE and AS for the crew it shall be. Osage on the scalp, but I won't get nuts with it.

Happy New Year to all who gather here!

May your 2019 be filled with love, truth, success, and delight in the small things.

Back on the Prairie, y'all. Other than that...its cold and quiet in Colorado.

Have a great Thursday!

:)

9. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Being compared to Brando can't be all bad. Ok, maybe not all good given his physical and mental state by the time he made that movie but still. I'll take it.

Linuxguile, clint64, Paul76 and 12 others like this.
  10. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. It's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor ... and surviving.
    Col. Kurtz

Seems appropriate.

Linuxguile, clint64, Paul76 and 14 others like this.
  11. Bama Samurai

You totally have the Brando thing. Dim the lights and crank up the transmitter.

12. Bama Samurai

@9nein9

You're welcome. It's actually extended @MR41 generosity.

13. Bama Samurai

Layers and layers of appropriate.

Linuxguile, clint64, Paul76 and 12 others like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

keeping people buying them..one of my bigger peeves during my cart days, could never find an assistant with a key..thank you..

Linuxguile, clint64, Paul76 and 9 others like this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

are they hand knitted?

Linuxguile, clint64, RyX and 8 others like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

and knitting..:p

Linuxguile, clint64, RyX and 10 others like this.
  17. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

I haven't checked on the thread since Wednesday morning (yesterday now), and when I did just now, I find I am 200 posts behind! Gabby day here -- not sure I will catch up...

Here is my Wednesday evening shave (January 2) -- a quick two passes before zipping out the door to a friend's party celebrating the opening of his new restaurant.

Weishi or similar TTO / Personna Lab Blue (2)
    Omega S-Brush synthetic brush
    Renaissance Faire style horn quaich lather bowl
    B+M Tuesday lavender/violet shave soap
    Alum and TSD Lavender Milk Aftershave

IMG_20190101_094935_kindlephoto-1321513769.jpg

Same setup as the previous day, except I bowl lathered the soap. Much better lather control resulted in excellent lather this time as I was better able to add more water slowly in the bowl. That translated to a better shave.

The performance of this soap is fine when enough water is added -- slick, protective, good glide, decent residual slickness for touchups, and nice postshave feeling. I am not so sure about the scent though. Something in the scent comes across to me as almost bitter or a bit off. Perhaps I am too used to the smell of straight lavender but I have had it mixed with other flowers and herbs and quite like those results. So far, I just am not convinced that the scents of lavender and violets play well together.

I will continue using this soap this week and see if my opinion changes. I get very little scent off the puck itself. Instead the scent comes out when I start to lather it. The scent is quite mild. But as I said, at the moment it smells a bit off to me.

brit, NCoxSTL, Linuxguile and 16 others like this.
  18. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Great report John .

Linuxguile, clint64, Drygulch and 4 others like this.
  19. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

That's awesome, Adam! I would definitely like to try the Ogallala Sandalwood, however, I really have no need for more soaps at the moment. If you would like pass it on to someone else, I would definitely support that. Thanks for doing this year, as it definitely helped me to get rid of a few soaps. @Keithmax and @clint64, you both did anaamazing job of working though some soaps!

Linuxguile, clint64, 9nein9 and 10 others like this.
  20. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Knife shave, Danny! Congrats on picking up the Stirling.

Linuxguile, clint64, 9nein9 and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.