The Haul: January 2019

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Were you using the pointed end or the flat end ?

Frijolero, Enrico and mrchick like this.
  2. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

The back of the flat end

John Beeman likes this.
  3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Really enjoying these GEM razors and this is the latest purchase GEM flying wing(1947>), guiding eye, bullet handle....
    When cleaned up it is like new, makes me wonder how popular this one is? Waiting for my GEM Clog Pruf to finalize my GEM purchases for a while.
    Gem bullet - haul (2).jpg

BigD, Sparrow, dmshaver and 14 others like this.
  4. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

When you get ready to start using the real razors, come on over across the street. We'd love to have you!

Hembree, RyX and Ron R like this.
  5. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Great day for me today! Found these local!!!! IMG_20190103_224911_173.jpg

BigD, dmshaver, TestDepth and 11 others like this.
  6. Aaron Harker

Aaron Harker Well-Known Member

Oh boy, I've got some great recent purchases. Pictured is a butterscotch Simpson 55, the patina is gorgeous

IMG_20190103_223823.jpg
    IMG_20190103_223744.jpg

Also picked up a rhodium plated fatboy, courtesy of Razor Emporium- they really did a bang up job. I don't think I've seen anything shinier, pics don't do it justice.

IMG_20190103_224157.jpg
    IMG_20190103_224132.jpg
    IMG_20190103_224139.jpg

Finally there's an unnamed catalin butterscotch that I picked up and re-knotted with a 20mm silvertip. The epoxy is just about set, I'm eager to finally give it a test run. The two brushes are pretty tiny, I've got them next to a R400 clone for scale.

IMG_20190103_223951.jpg

Currently waiting on an ikon SBS head and a Barbaros Kalyon handle to arrive, I wanted to put together an affordable Bohin lookalike.

51g1CgViIaL._SX466_.jpg
    s-l400 (1).jpg

Tobin Fetters, BigD, Sparrow and 19 others like this.
  7. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Another 1946 Clog-Pruf "Peerless", with instructions confirming 1946 production.[​IMG]

AGHisBBS, Sparrow, dmshaver and 16 others like this.
  8. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

Caught this in the wild today - Ever-Ready C40 Wish the tail cap was in better condition but could not pass it up for $2.50 - Does any one know the year the c40s were made? I have not cleaned it up yet.

Profile.jpg Tail Cap.jpg

Brush Tips.jpg

I also passed on an Old Spice Aftershave Talcum bottle - It was a rectangular in shape with a gray top - Wanted $19 bucks for it, I have not been able to find any pics like the one I saw (should have took one in the store) If anyone know a good source to value the Old Spice Talcum bottles please let me know.

AGHisBBS, Jorvaljr, dmshaver and 13 others like this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:happy096: Great score! I believe the C40's are from the 1970's and if it needs, it's a great brush to restored, but I wouldn't set anything much larger than a 22mm (starts looking silly). I've restored many of those and their great with a nice synthetic knot and a little weight. Sometime I'd like to set a flat top synthetic badger in one; it'd look amazing!

:eatdrink013:

10. Jostalli

Thanks Keith, for the info

11. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

A Maggards 22 mm synthetic would look great in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS, jimjo1031 and brit like this.
  12. Jostalli

Will have to give that some thought. Could be my first knot replacement / brush restore.

RyX, cliffb599 and jimjo1031 like this.
  13. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Hi guys
    The junk stores are shining on me today!

20190105_215840.jpg
    I got an Autostrop with blades and strop. Looks like its never been used. Got a Rolls razor too, don't think it has never been used either all in good order. Now a cute little razor called "Little Shaver". A short razor - Pabst & Kohler Columbus, Ohio Made in Germany.
    Didn't include the boxes but I have them, although not in the best condition. The razors look like none of them ever were used. They are still very sharp and every thing works fine. I have 3 more razors to try out.
    :)
    tp

AGHisBBS, Jorvaljr, dmshaver and 12 others like this.
  14. Jostalli

That is a haul!!

brit likes this.
  15. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Have a look here.
    http://oldspicecollectibles.com/Bottles/travel bottles.html

RyX and brit like this.
  16. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

ZAGNUTS!! love these candy bars, luckily there are several gas stations in my area that sell them. Its almost like a Butterfinger but with coconut.

17. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

That is a wicked looking razor head!

Aaron Harker and brit like this.
  18. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Does plating look to be nickel or chrome? Hard to tell from the photo. I've had one of each , the eyeless version being chrome

Ron R likes this.
  19. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Nickel NEW Deluxe back from Razorplate. Exactly what I wanted. Chris does great work. Thinking about another mass culling of the razors and keeping only this and the 1932 Canada Tech head.

AGHisBBS, SHAVEWIZARD420, RyX and 4 others like this.
  20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

It's the eye less version and I believe it be chrome because of the luster after a while chrome seems to keep it's shinny appearance were nickel tends to dull a bit from looking at my Gillette's.
    Thanks, some more great information I do need.

Frijolero, brit and Edison Carter like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.