January 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Dec 31, 2018.

?

What is your New Year shaving related resolution?

1. I'm going to do the hardest of all - a No-Buy '19

9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. I'm going to try shaving with straight razors (pain sticks included)

9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. I'm going to reduce the number of soaps in my den

14 vote(s)
    27.5%
  4. I'm going to buy everything in sight and build an addition to hold it all!!

6 vote(s)
    11.8%
  5. I'm going to shave. Simple, right?

30 vote(s)
    58.8%
  6. I'm going to eat more cookies. Or donuts. Or ice cream.

17 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I agree that Teavana is overpriced, but it can be a good place to sample and "talk tea".

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

Thank you, Adam! Hopefully the first two "flops" awhile back count towards the "ten or so". I was using a borrowed shavette, and was probably a bit too cocky for my own good. Trying to show a bit of respect this time around.

BaylorGator, RyX, mrchick and 11 others like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

twinings earl grey, uncle lees green, davids tea is good ..bag or loose leaf is good..ohoh hear come the experts..;)

4. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I really like fine Chinese black tea, traditional short brew. Your Japanese style (cast iron) water pot is really cool.

FaceScraper, Keithmax, RyX and 13 others like this.
  5. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

Good to hear that the first outing with the Parker went well Bruce. And straightening out the scales isn’t really copping out, that’s the way I hold a sr for the against the grain pass, it makes it a little more maneuverable where the handle at 90 degrees can get in the way possibly bumping into me resulting in cutting myself. For the xtg on the neck I also hold it with the scales folded all the way around almost closed to the spine side. But we all develop ways to hold the razor to get the best shave we can,

6. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

The Ken Rockwell site is a great site. B and W still has a large following. Digital us a lot more convenient. I have a Canon 60D with about 5 EOS lenses. Still have my high school Canon AE1 Program and several other Canon 35mm. I have three 4x5 camera and one medium format camera. The 4x5 Omega enlargers I have are set up to do 35mm, medium and 4x5 negstives. I just need to spend more time in the darkroom. I wanted to do this 25 years ago but I could not afford the equipment. Used darkroom equipment can be had cheap if you are patient. Paper, negatives and chemicals are ready available. B&W seem to be making a little bit of a come back like vinyl albums.

FaceScraper, Keithmax, jluc and 10 others like this.
  7. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

TRUE !

FaceScraper, jluc, NCoxSTL and 6 others like this.
  8. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

White and green tea are my favorites. When I realized there were other types of tea than black tea, I really went crazy. I honestly had no idea that was a Japanese style tea pot. I have a stand for it that holds a tea light, and it stays warm for a long time that way. I cant really tell the different types of teas with subtle differences, but I know what I like. I will probably order a pound of this by summer: https://www.adagio.com/green/gunpowder.html
    And a smaller bag of this: https://www.adagio.com/white/white_symphony.html.
    One of the nice things on those types of tea is that you can infuse them several times, and the amount of caffeine is less every time. They don’t have much to start with. Thee is a store called Shang Tea in KC whose owner’s family grows all his tea in China. Some of the samples I had there were amazing, but pricey.

9. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Great shave and photo, Bruce!
    That's a great way to find out what she likes!
    Thank you Jason, it's going to be a long day.

FaceScraper, clint64, jluc and 6 others like this.
  10. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Beautiful picture, Clint!

FaceScraper, clint64, jluc and 3 others like this.
  11. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

20190104_183735.jpg
    Same shave as yesterday morning but better on the strait shave. 3x3 with the first two passes on the face using the straight. Seems the straight is handling well so far, the shave has no issues but not close like I...yet. The head shave was great with the Fatip Retro.
    Till Sunday.
    Enjoy
    tp

12. Norcalnewb

It was a no shave day for me. I left the house mid morning to head to the Texans playoff game with my son. It didn't work out too well for the Texans, but it was lots of fun. I'm a Cowboys fan anyway, so I am not to upset. It was my son's first NFL game, so that was the best part. I hope everyone had a great day!

4F1244BE-9A74-4E32-B560-065CF2D12F2D.jpeg

13. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Terrific picture, Jim! Love your shirt! Old Forester is one of my favorite bourbons. Glad you guys had fun!

FaceScraper, clint64, jluc and 4 others like this.
  14. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Good job Charlie. I got serious again this week after gaining a few over the holidays.

FaceScraper, clint64, jluc and 6 others like this.
  15. Norcalnewb

Thank you, Perry! It was a special day for a dad.

And, Old Forrester is good stuff. One of my favorites as well.

FaceScraper, clint64, jluc and 4 others like this.
  16. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Not many people realize, that the opening scene to “Get Smart” was actually video surveillance footage of Brian @mrchick accessing his razor vault.

17. mrchick

What a great way to spend the day. You made some great memories for your son.

18. mrchick

It's one floor above the gun vault

19. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Lol Tea
    Connoisseur here!

Loose tea IMO is much fresher than bags and tastes better. There are tons of options and medicinal properties as well. You can buy a tea ball for around $3 and it only takes a small scoop to make a cup. Most loose leaf teas can be had for around $2-4/oz depending on what you choose, an ounce lasts a long time especially if you have a few flavors to choose from.

20. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Thats awesome! Hope you and your son had a great time at the game, it is quite an experience to see a sporting event in person.

clint64, Norcalnewb, jluc and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.