SOS: January 2019

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Boojum1, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Da comrades, you already know what I am going to say. Da, shave was glorious! :happy093:

Hot water preparation
    AOS Lavender PSO
    Declaration Grooming Pur Lavender
    T&H Wellington Super Badger
    1941 Russian ZTV 5/8
    AOS Lavender After Shave Balm

1941 ZTV Russian 5:8 AOS DGPL TH AOS.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

January 9, 2019
    OREN 2 Dot Plate
    Feather Professional
    Ever Ready C40 with APS Flat Top
    Oleo Shiloh
    Fine Italian Citrus Aftershave

[​IMG]

3. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

January 8

Parker SRX
    Rapira Swedish Supersteel (2)
    Rudy Vey Chubby w/Shavemac Two-band Silvertip
    C.O. Bigelow cream
    Alum, Thayers WH, USB, Pinaud Clubman & Aramis
    10th focus shave

I hope you all had a fantastic day!

SOTD_010819.jpg

4. TommyCarioca

TommyCarioca Well-Known Member

Da da da. Ochi kharoshur tavaresh

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

clint64 and Karl G like this.
  5. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Thank you Brit for the kind words. It was a great enjoyable shave this morning.
    I just wish my sleep was just a good last night. lol.
    Steve

clint64, Boru62 and brit like this.
  6. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Very nice Celestino. The colors just pop.
    Steve

clint64 and celestino like this.
  7. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Thanks, I think. :cool: Unfortunately this was a case where Google translate is a fail... :chores016:

clint64, Boru62 and TommyCarioca like this.
  8. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Thank you for your kind words, Steve. :)

clint64, Boru62 and brit like this.
  9. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

9 January 2019

* Charcoal Goods Level 3 SB + Stork Ex Brass
    * Wizamet Iridium Super

* Epsilon 2-Band + Doug Korn Faux Briarwood C7
    * Mystic Water Lime
    * Unrefined Shea Butter
    * Bergamot/Vetiver EO

[​IMG]

10. novicz

novicz Well-Known Member

Wholly Kaw shaving soap, Timeless Razor, Wolf whiskers brush, Floid Suave aftershave, Ladas blade

[​IMG]

11. TommyCarioca

Yeah I don't have Cyrillic font.... Basically - "very good Comrade!

12. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Gillette British RFB & Gillette Spoiler
    RR 24mm BC Plissoft
    GD Pre-shave moisturizer Cedarwood & Lime
    Wickham 1912 Le Bleu
    Humphreys Alcoholado Maravilla
    Clubman Reserve Gent’s Gin

3FAB0FE6-3120-41F7-AB62-B65DC7D1D6AE.jpeg
    Love the RFB here. Just an excellent tool that through 3 shaves has been without a single fault. At least none that I have found yet. The Wickham 1912 is an excellent performing soap but, I used the GD pre-shave moisturizer and it took the soaps performance to another level. Superb! I had no need for the post shave regime requirements of the products in the pic such as the Humphreys or the Clubman but, I used them anyway out of habit and I like the scents. The GD pre-shave is a MUST have if you’re one that is into overall post shave effect and benefits. Have a great evening and wonderful shaves all..... :happy093:

13. TommyCarioca

Wednesday "wood" shave

PRE
    Proraso Red Preshave

UBER lather
    WSP Sandalwood soap
    Suavecito cream
    Paladin 28mm Chief faux Briarwood
    Parker OC razor c Permasharp ⚂
    3 pass

Proraso red AFS
    SC ASB Sandalwood

MPG Noble Santal

Shave well on hump day gentlemen[​IMG]

14. Nicked

Nicked Well-Known Member

Hybrid RazoRock Game Changer .84 P on Barbaros Levend Handle P / Rapira Platinum Lux / WW Tmesis / SV Manna di Sicilia
    [​IMG]

15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Sorry I should have clarified, I was referring to tobacco leaf in shaving soaps. I'm looking toward a soap that includes tobacco leaf. But based on your comments, perhaps it's the same sensation with aftershaves and soaps. The soap I'm interested in isn't from Jeeves, it's the Texas Leather(The Soap Exchange). Supposedly it has a whole lotta leather with tobacco leaf as an additional ingredient.

16. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

WEDNESDAY'S SHAVE

[​IMG]
    Bath Soap - Pinaud Clubman
    [​IMG]
    Razor - Vintage Gillette Superspeed circa 1947-1952 (re-plated in nickel by Razor Emporium)
    Blade - [​IMG] *4th Shave
    Brush - Declaration Grooming "Fatty" in custom green color
    Brush stand by Desire Metal Works
    Razor Stand by RV Shaving
    Suribachi Lather Bowl handmade by Of the Dirt Pottery
    Shave Soap - Pinaud Clubman
    Diane Neck Duster

Deodorant - Pinaud Clubman *dusting powder
    Fragrance/Aftershave - Pinaud Clubman

I brought the barbershop to my bathroom for Wednesday's shave. I will dust off my neck and underarms the old fashioned way with powder. Will be an epic shave. Looking forward to it.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  17. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Thanks Paul. It's new to me, but was a limited edition release in February 2018.

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

18. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

20190108_192139.jpg

Prep: Pre Shave Soap Mix
    Razor: Wilkinson Sticky
    Blade: Pol-Silver
    Brush: Maggard 24mm Synthetic
    Soap: Wickhams Parma Violet

Super BBS shave this evening. Really like this Wickhams 1912 formula, this along with P&B are the 2 artisans that come to mind when thinking of artisans from England.

Scent of Parma Violet is a soapy Violet type of scent that smells identical to the candy. I cant help but to think of Dawn dish soap, aparently this is what Violet smells like lol. The only other Violet soaps i have tried had other notes blended to make a different accord.

Performance of the 1912 soap base is great IMO. Lather holds a boat load of water without breaking down, slickness is top notch and provides plenty of protection. The Super Smooth formula is not bad either, but this is a major improvment. Managed a BBS shave and finished off with Lisa's Somali Rose Balm. Nice smooth and refreshed. Hope everyone had the best shave possible!
    20190108_192856.jpg

19. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

+1
    Maximo Gomez Cuba does indeed smell wonderful. The performance of their newar formula is quite decent as well.

20. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

New
    January - Shavettes and Jeeves!

January 8

Razor - 1959 Gillette Super Speed
    Blade - [​IMG] (1)
    Soap - Jeeves of Hudson Street Bay Rum
    Brush - Stirling Two Banded Synthetic
    Post - Alum

Well, all of my plans for the day went out the window at 6:08 a.m. when I woke up and realized that last night's date night was today's pancreatic attack. I love me some BBQ. And I ate me some BBQ last night. Then put a tub of buttery movie popcorn on top of it. What do those two things.....BBQ and movie popcorn contain? Fat. What doesn't my system like at all? Fat. Seriously, the only fat I should even look at is a soap by Mitchells. Anyway, after about 3 hours of, um, let's just say suffering the less desirable and socially acceptable symptoms of Chronic Pancreatitis, I was wiped out but.....fortunately....everything settled down before it reached the stage of an ER trip. My day was spent napping, doing a bit of reading and posting here, and eating toast. Sparingly.

This was head shave night and I still pulled that off. I didn't use the pain stick as planned but rather the normal Merkur 23c setup. I had planned a shavette tonight, likely the Luxor Pro again. With my hands a bit shaky and my focus not all there I switched out to the safe Super Speed with Voskhod. Stayed with the Jeeves to stay in theme and used the Stirling brush for an easy and fool proof lather. Three passes to perfection and I'm ready to go. I did eat a more normal dinner tonight and everything seems to be settling all the way down. That makes me happy.

In other news I have a few packages incoming. The biggest portion from the motherland. When that package or packages arrive I will have over 3000 total Russian blades safely stored in Cartel HQ's blade vault. That's just the bulk count. I have other singles and partial tucks of Russians and others as well. I'm pretty sure I can stop buying blades now and probably forever. Yeah. Like that will happen. Have a great Wednesday!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.