How's Your Day? January 2019

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

They look pretty cool! Sewing machine #1 or #2?

2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Sewing machine #2 a.k.a Beverly. The little one (Naomi) can’t do multiple layers of fabric.
    BTW, thanks!

AGHisBBS and richgem like this.
  3. richgem

Well... not to sound like a jerk, but I have to admit a small amount of self-satisfaction for just catching the Limecat in a Dutch grammar error and then winning the discussion as to why he was mistaken. Purely taken as a indication of my progress, of course.

4. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

They look great.

Sara-s likes this.
  5. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

"Well... not to sound like a jerk, but I have to admit a small amount of self-satisfaction for just catching the Limecat in a Dutch grammar error and then winning the discussion as to why he was mistaken. Taken purely as an indication of my progress, of course."

FIFY

Intrigued, Frijolero and richgem like this.
  6. richgem

:happy096: and .... ooops :ashamed001:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Frijolero and Erik Redd like this.
  7. richgem

Couple ideas Brent...

a) Look into job counseling ... someone who can figure out what you're good at, what opportunities are available, and guide/mentor you into that field. Your local high school/college/community center/unemployment office should have someone like this. They also would take into account your education to this point and previous work experience. As funny as it might sound, your local senior citizen center might be able to help as well... they sometimes get older folks looking for second careers.

b) Look into on line learning... lots of degree and certificate programs available on line. Many you have to pay for, of course. But, you can also find a lot of free courses on line that will count toward a degree or certificate.

c) You may need to consider moving to a bigger town/city with more job opportunities.

8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I spent much of the morning at the car dealership for a recall repair. It’s done & I’m home. I found a goodie waiting for me. It’s a basic video camera that I got (for free) to test. It’s not high end, but the resolution is fine in daylight and it wil be nice for recording & analyzing our archery technique.

AGHisBBS and Frijolero like this.
  9. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

Thanks, Rich. I live near Memphis. I’m just in a rut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frijolero and richgem like this.
  10. richgem

Change is a good way to get out of the rut. ;)

Frijolero likes this.
  11. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Busy day. I had a 7:30 AM doctor’s app’t for a minor but annoying infection. I have some medication and will be OK soon. A bit later, I went to the craft store to pick up a t-shirt & some ribbon. These will become an appliance cover for the big sewing machine.

AGHisBBS, Frijolero and richgem like this.
  12. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Filled up the van this afternoon. It's been a very long time since it was this low around here.
    IMG_20190110_154405.jpg

wristwatchb, AGHisBBS and Erik Redd like this.
  13. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I did some sewing this morning, including a sewing machine cover (for Beverly) made from a t-shirt. Later, some exercise in the stationary bike. In a bit I will use the bow trainer. Tonight, when the hubby comes home, we are heading to PA, where I have a shoot tomorrow.

AA9115BE-2334-42B6-A5EC-F7E7004AAF1F.jpeg

richgem, AGHisBBS and Frijolero like this.
  14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I’m now in Lancaster PA for an archery tournament. This year I move up an age category- I am now in Female 60+. I’ll give you one guess as to how many entrants there are.

AGHisBBS, Frijolero and Erik Redd like this.
  15. richgem

So... you stand out in your category? :innocent

16. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  17. Rob206

Rob206 Well-Known Member

Finally getting some snow [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

As a mater of fact, yes. Shockingly, I came in 1st. My score 489/600 was not my best, but only a few points below it. I tend to miss a few shots in tournaments. Today I missed just one. Zero would have been better, but it’s a step closer.

19. richgem

20. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

The last couple of days have been exhausting. Tuesday, i had a flu shot & had a bit of a reaction to it. Nothing severe, but I ran a low fever & felt queasy for a couple of hours. (Beats the heck out of actually having the flu.). Then, yesterday I went to the ophthalmologist & had my pupils dilated. Then at dinner, we realized we need to start shopping for a new stove.

So today, I’m staying in & avoiding the cold weather. I did get some exercise and fletch a bunch of arrows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.