The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

lol, well tell your 4 yo than you very much! lol!

Thank for the kind words. I was terrible at building lathers, then, one day, it just clicked lol. I think switching to shevettes really helped.

2. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

Fantastic review! I need to really step up my game lol!

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I do like that one(sniffed it for free in a magazine lol).

4. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Thank you!

5. Paul Turner

4-year-old are saying "awesome" now???

6. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Paul what magazines do you get where you get all of these free sniffs? My magazine days are pretty much over with the internet and all :)

7. Paul Turner

Men's Health, mainly. I see some in Gentleman's Quartlerly, but the best opportunities are in MH. I enjoyed the subscription for about 10 years or so, then gave t up because I was getting too old for it, and I'm no "muscle-builder" workout type. (That is, not a heavy-lifter). But it's a good mag. They had the real expensive colognes&AS's for the sniff pages. But that's one reason I love Stoylin-Doc Ezlovan's dupes are based on some of the $$$ stuff you sniff for free, as we know. . Polo is popular in MH, as is Dolce Gabana("The One"). I also sniffed Jean-Paul Gautier "Le Male" and Kenneth Cole products, and found them to be quite nice.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  8. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

Hilarious. You would be astonished at the vocabulary some children have today. My 2 youngest boys have 4 adult brothers and sister so that helps. Additionally, educational programs on PBS are great! My 7yo could say cylinder and understand it by 3 thanks to Sid the science Kid. Lol. I was more shocked that he actually sat still and watched more than half of @Gnomeo0228 s video with me. ;)

9. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Wonderful splash of mentholated Sharp Dressed Man this morning. Paired with the Green Irish Tweed scent from Mystic Water - Irish Traveller. Have a great day!

SOTD 1-12-19.JPG

10. Paul Turner

I'm not above doing a similar combination down the road.

11. Paul Turner

My Tonys are here :))))). They even listed "tony awards" on the invoice. Very classy of such a fine organization.

12. Paul Turner

Doc Ezlovan threw in a Baker St. bath soap. I'll use it at the sink when my current Block Soap runs low.

13. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

Get the Baker St. shave soap; it’s good stuff.

14. Paul Turner

Well, I'll get the idea from the bath soap, but thanks for the plug.

15. Shadow Shaver

:signs011: Great idea for a 2019 "Tony" nomination. Provided that you like the bath soap sample. Iconic scent.

@PLAla ... love the new avatar. Sad that most of the Piggly Wigglies are gone now. Thanks for the memories!

16. PLAla

Thanks! They're going strong in Alabama!

17. Shadow Shaver

That's great to hear. In SC the only ones left are the privately owned stores. The little ones get a kick out of it every time we go see my parents. By the way, did you use both of those razors?

Edison Carter, ezlovan, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  18. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

How’s this for Stirling love? :)

81F766B6-763D-4248-A9DA-FF497F2F6478.jpeg

19. PLAla

I did. Shaved my cheeks with the straight and then the rest with the Revere. I’m dabbling with straights once or twice a month.

20. Paul Turner

I wonder if that one in Helper is the only one in Utah-probably is, after your googling.