The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Say, how did we get from Stoylin to Piggly Wiggly? Course we'll return to Stoylin from time to time...the products are THAT GOOD.

2. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

I guess that was my fault. Did everyone see this weekend's sale items? Additional $2 off Black Friday scents and great deal on the bath soaps. I ordered The One set and finally pulled the trigger on Deep blue sea. (Not on sale) Red Delicious bath soap is back so I had to get that for the wife. I honestly wish that Rod and Mandy would do a full product line of White Linen. Every person that I gifted that to has absolutely loved it and asked where to get it!

3. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I just saw the sale items. Wow! The Black Friday scents are $5 each for soap and splash, but if you choose the soap/splash set it's still $14. The only one I'm interested in that I didn't buy is Stirling One. Deep Blue Sea is enticing but it looks to be in the main production now, so maybe it'll be around for a while.

I've thought about British Leather aftershave as well. It's on sale for $9.

4. Paul Turner

I'm curious how close that one is to the Dana version.

5. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

I think I just got the last single samples of British Leather aftershave and shaving soap.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

6. Shadow Shaver

Just put the soap and splash in your cart separately. Then you still get the sale price.

7. Paul Turner

Oh OK....maybe you can answer my question sometime then.

8. PLAla

Items are selling out quickly in the big Stirling sale! Most of the Black Friday scents are gone.

9. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

I just checked both are still available.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

10. Shadow Shaver

So my youngest just gave me a hug before bath time and told me that my cheek was spiky. I told him that I was going to shave in the morning and since there's snow on the ground that I was going to use some Iced Pineapple just for kicks. He tells me, "No daddy, I want to smell Sharp Dressed Man. " Lookin like a SDM kinda day tomorrow! :scared011:

11. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Yep. My first real test of NB19. :sad038:

12. Shadow Shaver

What?!? ET TU Brute? Say it isn't so Bossman. Lol Well, I wish you good luck on your endeavor.

13. PLAla

I gave in and got some bath soaps. Three bars of Stirling Green, one of Stirling One, and one of British Leather. The One and British Leather are mainly to try the scents for possible future shaving purchases. I already know Stirling Green is a wonderful scent and got a few bars while I could. Had some rewards to help reduce the overall price. Nice sale!

14. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

I got the email too, and showed remarkable restraint in stopping the order before hitting the free shipping mark!

Two more bottles of Christmas Eve splash, two tubs of Christmas Eve butter, a bottle of Ozark Mountain splash, and a shampoo bar of Barbershop.

I’m ALMOST done with a full sized tub of Tuscany after flogging it for much of the last year between my other seasonal favorites. I was/am curious how long a full tub would last, so I decided to pick on Tuscany and use it more aggressively than normal. Well it’s a LOT like the Energizer Bunny! This is my long-winded way of saying that I now know that I need to be a little more selective with my soap purchases because I really do have several years of shaving already sitting on my shelves.

So I think smaller maintenance orders of bar soaps and splashes will be a trend for a while.

15. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

6D416F8D-454B-45D8-BB1F-E1E81E1F45F9.jpeg How’s this for a Menthol Monday assault?

16. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

It’s a Stirling day[​IMG]

17. Paul Turner

That last part of your middle paragraph(and I'm no English teacher, lol), matches my situation. I do indeed have a looong way to go before the last shave of the last of my remaining soaps is gone. Having said this, I'm looking at 3 main purchases I'd like to make before the end of the year.

18. Paul Turner

You forgot to add "colorful" to your Stirling Day (black and red) :).

19. Paul Turner

I have a "test" coming up....my first choice for the 2020 Stoylin Tony Awards :).

20. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTD January 14th
    [​IMG]

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
    EDRIO #7 RazoRock Game Changer .84
    Gillette Nacet
    Epsilon white horse (26mm, Frigate Class)
    Stirling Green Soap and AS
    Stirling Glacial Unscented PSB

Happy Monday morning! Awesome shave this morning compliments of the Game Changer/Nacet combo and unbeatable Stirling Lather. First time using Stirling Green, very nice! The opening has bright fougere and citrus notes and it dries down to a very classy closing of moss, musk, and lavender. Three passes to a BBS finish. Have a great day my friends!