SOS: January 2019

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Boojum1, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

Thanks Doug. I love that razor. The plaid handle in the pic is not being made any longer. You can still get them, but when they sell out that's it (at least according to Timeless' website).

Edison Carter and clint64 like this.
  2. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Soap: T+S West Indies
    Brush: WildWest Brushworks custom
    Razor: Milord
    Blade: Bolzano
    [​IMG]

3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

January 15, 2019
    Karve D Plate
    Feather
    WDC-8 with Druida Manchurian
    MdC Vetyver
    Guerlain Vetiver EDT

[​IMG]

4. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

January 10th - Shave of the NIGHT.
    Vintage Williams - Lather bomb
    PAA Malboge after shave & EDP
    Semogue 2000

Gillette Psycho TECH - with a exact re-production key by Matt at the Shave Emporium....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Your pics are always flawless and I'm continually in awe of your collection.

6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

● Gillette NEW Deluxe
    ● Astra
    ● Barbasol original

Official inaugural shave after replating a few weeks back. A hot water soak is all it took before two months worth of old dog muzzle was mowed down in one pass to a smaller old dog muzzle (goatee). The rest is a SAS that'll wait until morning to polish off with pass number two.

The Astra and Barb no doubt helped but the Deluxe didn't even think about bogging down in whiskers upward of 3/4" long. And talk about smooth? Hoo boy. No nicks or anything else problematic. Air circulation feels better already.

I've said it many times before but I think I have finally found the final keeper.

Edit... on second thought I'm a tiny bit scratchy from the platinum blade, but I always get that from platinum blades. Still, a fantastic shave.

7. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

TUESDAY'S SHAVE

[​IMG]

Razor - Edwin Jagger "Kelvin"
    Blade - Merkur Super Platinum Stainless *3rd shave
    Shave Brush - Beauty7 Professional Premium Synthetic Nylon
    Shave Soap - Gold Dachs Sandelholz (yeah, actual hard, triple-milled soap in a mug)
    Aftershave - The Shave Den "Sensitive" (Unscented) Witch Hazel in an Infinity Jars Ultraviolet Bottle
    Preshave Oil - Lather & Wood's "Unscented"
    Post-Shave Balm - Advanced Clinicals Anti-aging Hyaluronic Acid Cream
    Deodorant - Herban Cowboy "Unscented"
    Fragrance - Yves Saint Laurent - 6 Place Saint Sulpice

It's raining this week and it's not very common to get a whole week of cold and rain, so I'm going to use some cold weather scents this week. Tomorrow I will deploy my newest scent, YSL's 6 Place Saint Sulpice, which is very woody with a spicy saffron. It's similar to fresh cut wood, with a few additional spicy tones.

8. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Blackland Dart & KAI SS
    Fendrihan 24mm B&C
    LNHC Florida Freeze
    Humphreys Alcoholado Maravilla
    Barbasol Brisk a/s splash
    71BFFDA0-9374-4A84-8E86-5B31864094AC.jpeg
    A great late evening shave with a nice menthol cooling effect from Lisa’s soaps that is not face freezing. Just a nice cool like sensation. This is going to be a great go to for the hotter days. Have a great evening and amazing shaves all.... ;)

9. brit

brit in a box

awesome pics and set ups, love the tech ..

EzraCobb and clint64 like this.
  10. novicz

novicz Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Charcoal goods razor, Simpson shaving brash, Barbus shaving soap, Gillette platinum blade, Pitralon classic

11. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

sink of cool water
    hot soaked eshave badger brush and salsa bowl
    pecksniffs shave cream
    shavette w/2 use sputnik blade
    monsiuer musk a/s and cologne

I decided to give the miserable pecksniff cream another chance with a badger brush this time.Didn't work.I used twice the amount of product from the last attempt and a nice thick badger brush and it was useless.I beat a lather with large thin bubbles in the bowl and applied it to the face where it disappeared faster than olive oil soapsuds or a deadbeat friend when it comes time to divvy up the dinner check.I did 3 passes and the lather residue seemed to afford some glide .I followed up with a cool water rinse.Then applied some Monsiuer Musk a/s which gave a nice burn,so much for the Pecksniff cream.When i give it another try it will probably be for a super lather combo,because it smells pretty darn good. Then I headed out to work for a few hours .

12. TommyCarioca

TommyCarioca Well-Known Member

Tuesday shave

Pannacrema Blu
    ATT M1
    Ivory beehive 26mm badger fan
    Voshkod ⚁
    3 pass

Floid Figoroso
    SC ASB unscented

Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan

Soap and fragrance combo- solid pair

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

13. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

There is a nice dent in that juice. Must be a quality scent.

clint64 and TommyCarioca like this.
  14. TommyCarioca

TommyCarioca Well-Known Member

Tim - great cold weather stuff. I need to get some back up bottles.

Haven't tried the Ysl you will be sporting - gotta sample it - notes sound good

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

clint64 and Linuxguile like this.
  15. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

January - Shavettes and Jeeves!

January 14 - Blade Trials - Razor comparison

Razor - Rapira
    Blade - [​IMG] (2)
    Soap - Arko
    Brush - Jayaruh #54
    Post - Alum

Well, the plan was to move on to the next blade in line but I decided after following the discussion today that I needed one more shave with the Gillette Blue. Mostly to get the Rapira razor out and compare it to the Gillette razor from last night. We know that the Gillette is lighter and also that you can't totally exchange heads between the two. Different size threads. So by shaving with the Rapira again I hoped to discover the differences beyond weight. Boy did I.

The blade gap on the Gillette razor is small. The cap bends the blade right into a curve that gives it the same look as a Gillette Tech. I mentioned last night how mild it felt and how the angle was tough to find and hold due to that. When I loaded the Rapira I checked the gap and saw what I expected. The blade barely curves. It's almost a straight out horizontal look to it. Bigger gap, lots of angle but that slightly bent blade becomes a bit of an obstacle. Well, I've used it before so let's try this blade in it.

I was very happy with the first two passes. Great sound, great reduction, just a great shave, really, if a bit on the side of heavy blade feel. I did a bit of touch up and noticed the blood. Right by my goatee. Just like this razor likes to do. With that blade angle it's easy to catch the corner in that area. Then, as I took care of that, the small slice near my right ear where I sat down wrong on the XTG started up. Nothing major, but two dings in one shave. The first two this month. Well, I can say I tried again for an excellent result out of this razor and failed to get it. I did, though, end up with a near-BBS, not counting the blood, and that ain't bad!

These el-cheapo razors serve a purpose. They can both be used, though I wouldn't recommend for a daily driver. Camping, travel, temporary fixes, all appropriate. Just be prepared to deal with overly-mild on the Gillette and a bit of dodging a blade edge on the Rapira. On to the Vi-Tech blades tomorrow!

[​IMG]

16. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

Razor: Gebr. Weyersberg 6114 Cornet
    Brush: Razorock Amici Badger/Boar
    Soap: Catie’s Bubbles Waterlyptus
    A/S: Fine Platinum
    Wonderful no nonsense German blade
    7A992A10-2C0D-440E-A3A9-C60CB8BAC3D5.jpeg
    Enjoy your shave.
    Tom

17. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

15 January 2019

* Blackbird Black Oxide SB 101
    * Wizamet Iridium Super
    * Shavemac D01 2-Band Marble Blue

* Jabonman/Eufros Tobacco
    * Unrefined Shea Butter
    * Bergamot/Vetiver EO

[​IMG]

18. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Tabac Tuesday
    [​IMG]
    First DE shave of the year.

19. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

●1932 Canada Tech
    ●Big Ben
    ●Barbasol

1 pass BBS cleanup from last night. The BB is nowhere near as sharp as the Astra but is more comfortable, no platinum irritation. Now to find a very sharp blade w/o platinum...recommendations?

20. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Good Morning Everyone SOTD 01/15/19

'66 Gillette Super Speed
    Wilkinson Sword (7)
    Synthetic
    Manners Spruce & Bergamot SS
    Cold Water Rinse, Alum Block
    Pinaud Reserve Whisky Woods A/S DSCF3265.JPG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.