I don't know how you guys who wet shave do it at a sink...

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Oldschoolpaulie, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

I agree because this may happen - :(.

2. BlaydRunner

BlaydRunner Member

Takes me that long to get ready, and then clean up. How do you do it? :whacky011: :signs002:

Frijolero and RyX like this.
  3. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

4. I wouldn't call my normal 15 to 20 minutes, "rushing it."

Primotenore and Frijolero like this.
  5. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

6. Frijolero likes this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Not that I'm rushed, but I generally shave in 10 - 15 minutes as well.

It's shaving, not something else that should take much longer. :sexe:

I mean ..... like sleeping :signs062:

:eatdrink013:

brit, Frijolero and jimjo1031 like this.
  8. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Neighbor, I hope you have a fast recovery.

To the shaving- I don’t know what to tell you. I have shaved in the shower and at a sink and all with or without a mirror. You get a little water on you, at the sink but not enough to matter. I head shave as well and I can knock it all out- head and face in 15 minutes flat including setup and cleanup with DFS results. I shave at the sink to kinda enjoy it more.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    brit, Frijolero and Enrico like this.
  9. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Never accused you of such. My comment was not directed at you, specifically.
    Your time is yours.

brit, Frijolero and Enrico like this.
  10. tonyav214

tonyav214 Member

I’ve had both knees, a hip and lower back issues. Standing at the sink was a challenge, but was done. Probably a good time to grow a beard so as to take a shave hiatus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frijolero and brit like this.
  11. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Sink shaver over here. Done a few in the shower, but didn't overly like it. :bath: At the sink I've no problem with dripping water. A few drops here or there, but nothing to scream about. :) Time? That depends on the time I have. One, two or three passes and some touch-ups. But if you like to shave in the shower, be my guest. It's your shave so enjoy it the way you like. :)

Wishing the knee patients a speedy recovery!

Frijolero, Sara-s and brit like this.
  12. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Shaving in the shower sounds like a big inconvenience to me. I have always shaved at the sink. Water usage is restricted in many areas of the American West. Even. If usage limits are not imposed, water is often too expensive to waste.

macaronus, brit and Frijolero like this.
  13. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I used to shave my head in the shower with the Headblade razor. It is a device that rolls on your head with a disposable cartridge. I liked shaving my head with it, but it was too expensive to keep using it. I have always shaved my face at the sink and now I also do my head there as well.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    BlaydRunner, brit and Frijolero like this.
  14. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I never understood shower shaving. It’s a lot of wasted water to me. Especially here in California. My showers are about 15-20 minutes but I couldn’t do another 20 mins in the shower just to shave. It usually takes me about 30 minutes to shave at the sink and I don’t feel like I go slow. I do about 4 passes.

Shaver X, Enrico, BlaydRunner and 2 others like this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

sink shaver here , though i did shave once in a while in the shower in my 20s with carts...don t remember why...watched quite a few shaving vids on the tube .they were sink shavers as well thank goodness..what works for you is best..

16. BlaydRunner

BlaydRunner Member

Sink shaving works for me..

Enrico, Frijolero, brit and 1 other person like this.
  17. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

It is natural as breathing.

18. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Worquex for me.

19. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

When I was in the service, a lot of guys shaved in the shower (not me). It was probably faster over all and, depending on the particular barracks, sometimes you had to queue for a sink. I simplified things by showering at night when I could and shaving in the morning using cream in a tube.

I can't remember ever trying a shave while in the shower. To my mind, they're two completely separate things -- like having sex while driving. It could probably be done, but dangerous as both really require your full attention.