Cremo Sandlewoood shave cream update

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by ordinaryshaver, Jan 15, 2019.

1. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

I wanted to reach out to the community with an update.
    About a year or so ago I saw the Cremo Sandlewoood shave soap at my local Target. While I may be lots of things, unable to lather creams ain't one of them.
    I hope that the consensus about my reputation is one of ethics and a sense of not being a shill. I want to go on record that I did not pay for the product, but after a great conversation with the head of customer out reach they are sending me a tub of the new formulation to try out.
    I will report back an let the community know how it works.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    Keithmax, Spyder, AGHisBBS and 7 others like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Looking forward to your impressions.

I've purchased three different scents of the tubed shave cream; the discontinued Lady's (for a lady shaver), and used Cooling, and Regular. Also have a bottle of the balm which may also be discontinued. While they aren't soaps I'd reach for often I found their product line quite acceptable. Being available at my Kroger grocery store is a plus.

Sandalwood was a scent I wasn't sure I'd enjoy. I'm a mostly retired carpenter / woodworker so the thought of smelling like wood wasn't particularly attractive. I've since changed my mind - Proraso Red!

Keithmax, brit, Spyder and 3 others like this.
  3. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

We are a waiting..............:eatdrink013:.

Spyder and Frijolero like this.
  4. ordinaryshaver

As soon as I get it in my hot little hands I'll post it.

Spyder, Frijolero, oscar11 and 2 others like this.
  5. KUSTOM

KUSTOM Well-Known Member

Cremo was the first product I used after stepping away from canned Babasol. Kind of a gateway drug. Pretty good, but I'm glad I kept searching!

Frijolero and RyX like this.
  6. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

@ordinaryshaver
    When was the new Cremo Sandalwood Lathering Cream's formula changed. I have a jar of it I received two months ago. I have yet to try it. I was wondering if I have the newer or older formula.

7. ordinaryshaver

I believe that it was done back in 2017. I will reach out to my contact and see if I can find out. Can you give me any sort of numbers on the tin, so I can pass that along.

RyX likes this.
  8. ordinaryshaver

I am anxious to try the new formula. I expect it to perform better than the last batch did.
    However, I will be certain that I give a fair and honest review. If it works, great!
    If not, I will certainly say that as well.

AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  9. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

I can get that to you in a few hours.

10. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

RyX likes this.
  11. ordinaryshaver

Thanks. I will reach out to my contact and see what I can find out.

RyX likes this.
  12. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

13. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

Is this stuff brushless?

14. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

This is one of two versions they have that require a brush. I suppose you could go brushless, but I'm not sure the results would be optimal.

Frijolero and oscar11 like this.
  15. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I went to the website and the stuff they have at our local Walmart is brushless (tubes) and the lathering cream (sandalwood) comes in a tubs and is not available locally at this time.

RyX and Frijolero like this.
  16. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

I received a jar as a Christmas present a year ago. I really like it, it's in my rotation. I found it took more water and more cream than you think to make a really good lather. Lots of slickness, I think you'll get a really great shave with it.

RyX, oscar11 and johnnyflake like this.
  17. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

The cream in the tubes will lather, just not like what we are used too. Cremo is super slick but it won't provide much cushion. For me it does well. I wish my Walmart carried the tubs of brush cream.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

oscar11 and RyX like this.
  18. texasdawg

texasdawg Member

That is my opinion of the tube of sandlwood scent that I have that I bought in early-mid 2017. Very slick, but little cushion. When I need a quick, one pass shave it is my go to. Not much to deal with and over quickly.

19. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

I got around to using my tube of Cremo Sandalwood for the first time last night. I like it. Its got a good sandalwood scent and gives the typical Cremo slickness, which being quick and easy. All in all, its a winner in my book.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.