Gillette Case - Restoration Projects

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Jorvaljr, Oct 28, 2017.

1. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

You don't know until you ask. Maybe I'll put a WTB request out see what happens.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  2. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

If you can find a beater, you can restore it yourself. Maybe someone out there has one of those and would be willing to part with

3. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I might just do that but this case isn't what you'd call a common item unless it is just a British Aristocrat case with a mirror.

4. Jorvaljr

I didn’t want to start a new thread so I’m going to post this here.

I had this old “fancy” cart handle sitting in a box and a broken ball end handle and decided to merge them together.
    223BF21F-0967-4B32-9FDD-661F16A8D42E.jpeg 59C36B0D-9A84-4BF6-85A7-4B28E451E51F.jpeg F4D104A3-2A68-4AFB-8FDA-233F1B7A895A.jpeg

A little epoxy and here we have a suuuuuper long handle.

For size comparison
    8EC9991A-BC19-438A-9511-7E45A9B59BEC.jpeg
    6164A8A7-D65C-47C6-A3A8-8975D27E80FE.jpeg

BigMark83, brit, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Jorvaljr likes this.
  6. Jorvaljr

Thanks Jim,
    I’m hoping this will encourage others to do the same. It’s simple and these sort of handles are common in lots and so are the broken Gillette handles.

Hembree, brit and Jayaruh like this.
  7. Jorvaljr

I’ve been trying to repair some cases using vinyl wrap and well it’s not going to great. This case was like most I have, severely damaged. The lid was separated from the base as well as the front flap. Holding it together with some tape then wrapping it seemed like a good idea. Lol it’s sloppy but it’ll do. I then used a hinge to connect the lid and looks ok now. It’s far from perfect but considering it was really beat up I’m ok with it. I have a couple of these that I’m working on and I hope they come out better.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

brit, Jayaruh, Hembree and 1 other person like this.
  8. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

brit and Jorvaljr like this.