Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Colonel Conk, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Colonel Conk

Colonel Conk Member

Thanks again everyone! Glad to be here!

brit likes this.
  2. Leclec13

Leclec13 Well-Known Member

welcome from Florida

brit likes this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

Welcome to TSD @Colonel Conk! This is your own personal thread so feel free to ask questions. I've got a big one (question, that is :cool:).

What's your set up? Got a favorite razor / blade / soap / brush / post shave product?

brit and Hembree like this.
  4. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Welcome to TSD!

5. Colonel Conk

Colonel Conk Member

Right now I am using the following;
    Razor: Colonel Conk # 714 - "The Major"
    Blades: Shark Super Stainless
    Soap: Top Secret ;) - New formula yet to be released
    Brush: 26mm synthetic knot prototype

RyX likes this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

I got a look at the #714 on the FaceBook page. Solid appearance to that 3 piece! How's it handle? Would you rate it mild, aggressive, or somewhere in between? After a while most all DE blades start to feel much the same as long as they are sharp and I'm not sure if I've ever tried a Shark.

Those last two items are intriguing. Still have a bit of a Super Secret shave cream from a test I was in. With the N.D.A. still in effect I've not told the secret ingredients, but the scent bordered on taste - York Peppermint Patty; dark chocolate and the strongest menthol/mint of any lather I've ever shaved with. Got a couple prototype brush handles but never a prototype knot.

Post some photos?

Frijolero likes this.
  7. Colonel Conk

Colonel Conk Member

The Major I would say is medium-aggressive. It has considerable blade gap but the angle remains tame enough that it really does give a comfortable shave. The setup comes in at 100g so its a great balance between heft for a close shave and still light enough to be maneuverable. The machine work, knurling, and fitment is on par with razors costing 4 and 5 times more... The Shaving Tulsan give an honest and thorough review if you'd like to check out that video. Im out of the office currently but I can post some pictures of the brush in the morning if that is what you are interested in.

The Soap.... Think Bay-Rum on steroids. HAHA!

Frijolero likes this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

Form follows Function, but I've seen some interesting handles. The choice of materials and different profiles make for a never ending parade of eye candy.

I'm not much of a Bay Rum fan. Most have too much cloves for my tastes. I'm sure there are other folks ready to take it to the next level. ;)

brit and Frijolero like this.
  9. Orville

Orville Active Member

Hi there and welcome to TSD ! :)

brit likes this.
  10. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

brit likes this.
  11. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

12. Fiorellini

Fiorellini Well-Known Member