The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

:happy097:

2. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

A Stirling shave to end the month! [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Used "Ozark Mountain" this morning. I still can't get over how close to a frosty spring morning it smells like. Seriously, this reminds me of walking through the Ozarks in North East Arkansas. Great jon as always Stirling! IMG_20190131_094503_019.jpg

4. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

I just enjoyed a fantastic shave with Scots Pine Sheep. Two days growth didn’t stand a chance against SPS, my Stirling butterscotch and 34C. I didn’t want the shave to end!

That sheep formula is awesome.........somehow raising an already very high bar.

ezlovan, Edison Carter, PLAla and 6 others like this.
  5. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Latherin’ Luddite what is the scent like on Scots Pine Sheep? Your post really intrigues me.

6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

John, I'm kind of interested in that one, too. I have part Scottish ancestory....might be time to honor that.

7. john zeiger

Paul, the reviews that I read on Stoylin's web site weren't all gaga over the scent of Scots Pine Sheep or Electric Sheep but they seem to agree with Latherin’ Luddite that the performance was a step up from Stoylin's already great standard formula soap. Several reviewers even suggested more scents be available with the mutton tallow formula. The performance has me even more intrigued than the current scents.

8. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I have a sample of Scots Pine Sheep and the performance is wonderful. It's a similar experience to other Stirling soaps but the mutton tallow offers an even better post-shave feel. Your skin will feel soft and hydrated. It's terrific.

9. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

It’s very similar to Coniferous..........if you’re familiar with that one. If not, try to imagine a very strong NATURAL pine smell. Not like Pinsol or the tree sit fresheners, but real pine trees. I’m not always in the mood for the scent, but when I am, it hits the spot. The performance of the sheep formula is always perfect however.

10. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTD January 31st
    [​IMG]

EDRIO #16 Ikon SBS
    Vi-John Super Platinum
    WCS Pro 49 (26mm, Frigate Class)
    Van der Hudson
    Stirling Bay rum PSB

11. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Mostly scots pine essential oil. There's a good chance you've smelled it on a Christmas tree lot if you've been to one. The mutton tallow soap itself has a scent that come through too. Not terribly strong, but it's there.

12. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

What a shave I had today! 52412D48-D9E2-4BCB-898B-EC28C321AE5F.jpeg

13. Paul Turner

That was a factor in Naked&Smooth making it to the Tony nominee circle last year, and I am not above re-nominating N&S. The Stoylin soap performance is just wonderful.

14. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I posted my shave in the 30Day thread, but since it was all Stirling.....

Barbasol Floating Head Razor
    Feather Blade
    Semogue BC Texugo
    Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill Soap and ASB

Continuing through my infrequently used razors, I broke out the Barbasol tonight. Great razor and I have used them a bunch in the past, but I only have a minty one in the shipper that I use every so often (then clean and put away). I decided to go all in and celebrate the polar vortex tonight. I broke out the Glacial Lemon Chill and dumped a tumbler of ice in the sink. The Glacial Lemon Chill soap is still too much for me, but it is fun once in a while. I love the Feather blade in this razor. Finished with a cold water splash and a hit of the matching ASB. I think it was a good shave, but I still cant feel my face. Some times it is fun being stupid.... Enjoy your night.

15. Paul Turner

2 Stoylin products for use tomorrow-the Pro-Handle Brush, and a repeat performance with the Barbershop soap.

16. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

February 1st
    Razor: Blackland Blackbird SB
    Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
    Brush: SOC Taj Mistura
    Pre-shave: Stirling Mentholated
    Soap: Stirling Mountain Man
    Lucky Tiger face tonic
    PAA Star Jelly unscented
    AS: Stirling Mountain Man [​IMG]

17. john zeiger

Mountain Man is a great scent to me. I have the soap, splash and EDT and its in my regular rotation. I hope you enjoy yours as much.

18. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, John. I was just stating in the 30DC thread that I knew from the first use of my sample that this would be a full size purchase. Wonderful scent.

19. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Barber Shop. Dart.[​IMG]

20. Paul Turner

How was it using the Clubman Special Reserve with the Barbershop? I bet that came out nicely.