Schick Repeating Razor Owners Club (SRROC)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Redfisher, Oct 31, 2015.

1. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Hodge, brit and Craig12 like this.
  2. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Congratulation Craig! WooHoo, let the good shaves roll!!

And these repeaters are too cool for school.
    These Schicks were soooo far ahead of their times, no one has caught up yet!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Craig12, Frijolero and Hodge like this.
  3. IanD

IanD Member

I have a Type A on its way now - really looking forward to it. I also managed to get a (brass tubed) magazine which is empty, but actually still has the instructions inside, on a 2 sided rolled up piece of paper. Interesting stuff as it has instructions for "round" and "square" bodies.

4. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Congrats on your rare find. The original packaging included a reminder to keep the instructions for future reference. I have the original magazine but not the instructions.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Aztecmike and Craig12 like this.
  5. Craig12

Craig12 Member

My B1 just arrived today. Better condition than I expected. It had a few blades in the magazine - Schick Made in USA blades. I thought they were now only made in Asia.

The seller marked this one as used and made is much easier to take a picture. Are these the vintage blades?

[​IMG]

Disinfected and polished
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hodge likes this.
  6. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

They are vintage blades though not original. Modern blades have a center cutout introduced in 1955 for the I2 Hydromagic.

7. Craig12

Craig12 Member

Thanks for the quick replies.

8. IanD

IanD Member

Do Type A's normally have a patent date on them?

9. riverrun

riverrun Well-Known Member

No. They do have a number stamped on the stem connecting the head to the body though. What it means is unclear.

Frijolero likes this.
  10. Craig12

Craig12 Member

I was eager to try out my new Repeating razor and couldn’t find any blades locally. I purchased a pack of 20. $10.95 and prime shipping on Amazon from Supply. I’ve seen them advertise on Facebook as a subscription injector razor company. The blades seem to work flawlessly in the razor (automatic load). The shave seemed good although I do need to get used to the razor and angle.

Does anyone have experience with these blades compared to other blades?

SUPPLY Single Edge Injector Blades (Pack of 20 Blades - Fits ALL Modern and Vintage Injector Razors) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E9IFRUG/?tag=thshde-20

Frijolero likes this.
  11. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

They look to be Personna blades. They seem less popular than Chicks or more recently Proline but I think they're decent.

Most advise hand loading the Repeaters, or if not loading a single blade at a time from the magazine to avoid jamming the razor which was designed for a thicker blade.

Craig12 and Frijolero like this.
  12. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Might as well represent.

Here is my collection of Type C razors.
    schickc.jpg

Droo78, Aztecmike, Herm2502 and 2 others like this.
  13. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Nice all 3 variants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

14. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

20191226_175426~2.jpg 20191226_175516~2.jpg 20191226_175550~2.jpg 20191226_175638~2.jpg 20191226_175704~2.jpg 20191226_175829~2.jpg Hi. I'm looking for help to id a repeating razor. It looks like a Type A, but is open comb & all brass with a screw-on head cover. It has "24" stamped on the head & neck, but no Schick markings.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    John Ruschmeyer, brit and Jayaruh like this.
  15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    This is a very nice looking razor. I love the open comb.

[​IMG]

brit likes this.
  16. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thank you. I have been trying to get a Type A for a little while now, so I jumped on this one because it was unlike any I had seen before. Wondering if it was possibly a prototype?

17. IanD

IanD Member

That's the only one like that I've ever seen, and I haven't seen it mentioned in any of the books I've read, either. Very Cool.

Aztecmike likes this.
  18. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thank you. Hoping to get up the courage to cycle a modern blade into it & give it a run, but I'm scared to death of it jamming on me. :eek:

Linuxguile likes this.
  19. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Hand loading a blade in a repeater is easy enough, I did a thread on it a while back. While I try to dig it up take a look at my thread on prototype injectors:
    http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/odd-injectors-prototypes.57980/

Aztecmike likes this.
  20. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Aztecmike likes this.