Pasteur Pharmacy NYC haul

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by McCrae, Feb 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. McCrae

McCrae Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, I just got back from visiting Pasteur's for the first time, and it is a wet shavers paradise!
    I didn't take any pics of their stock since plenty of those already exist, but I came in there looking for a particular soap and ended up leaving with more than I intended (no regrets).
    Pasteur's has pretty much every brand of soaps; Stirling, B&M, WSP, Wholly Kaw, Fine, Caties Bubbles, Haslinger, MWF, Tabac, Wickham, Arko, PAA, Palmolive, etc.. And a wide variety of aftershaves like Floid, Lucky Tiger, etc... They also have all sorts of DE razors, SR, brushes, bowls, and blades.
    It's really cool being able to open and smell the soaps before buying them, I actually settled on a different scent soap I came there to get, after realizing the scent was not what I had in mind.
    I also got a chance to chat with the owner, and he seemed really cool and down to earth. He told me to feel free, open and smell whatever soap I want, and he told me about the meetups they have there sometimes.

I'll add a pic of what I picked up.
    B&M Leviathen: I wanted to order this scent recently but heard it got discontinued, luckily Pasterus still had a few in stock.
    Stirling Haverford: This soap smells really nice. I originally came there to get Stirling Gentlemen, but preferred this instead.
    Noble Otter Barrbarr: I also wanted a barbershop scent, not disappointed.
    Caties Bubbles Irish Coffee: This stuff smells exactly like coffee, sweetened with one of those creamers (i.e coffeemate or Baileys)
    Arko: A classic, at $3 I had to give it a try.

And I got some blades to test out, after using Astra SP's pretty much exclusively.

Overall, I'm really happy with this haul and don't even know what to use first! I did end up spending more than I wanted, but oh well. This stuff should last me for a while, at least that's what I'm telling myself.

Sorry for the long winded post, just thought I'd share.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    BigD, Shaver X, gorgo2 and 21 others like this.
  2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Congrats....

The aisles are tight and are stacked from the floor to the ceiling.

I had a great time visiting.

3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Is that all?? ;) JK, the Leviathan is top-notch, IMO.

Paul Turner, MacDaDad, brit and 4 others like this.
  4. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

It's to bad I hate the city.

5. Moose

Moose Well-Known Member

That's awesome! I wish more places carried the good stuff. I want to smell a soap before I commit to a full tub.

6. brit

brit in a box

i have a friend who went to NY on business.he went to Pasteurs and picked me up my first bottle of Fine Platinum a/s..i have seen video tours on the tube..very cool place .wish there was something like that here in Vancouver..

7. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

OMG!

First time to Pasteur’s today. What a place! After about 15 minutes I had paralysis by analysis, but I managed to bang out another 30 minutes or so, admiring and smelling their phenomenal inventory.

One bummer, I tried all these AS and EDTs, and about 2 hours after leaving the store my left wrist has the most amazing smell. I would go all in on this one...soap, splash, EDT, etc. and I have no idea what it is! Lol.

Half my body had different scents on it. Some great, some just average, but so fun. They have some high end sh!t in there! As well as Arko and RazoRock and more Stirling than you can shake a stick at! Something for everyone.

I only bought some blades, styptic pencil and some pomade for my son. It’ll be awhile before I blow through all my current stuff. But I’ll be back!

A true Mecca of wet shaving. I can’t wait to return.

8. Artluv

Artluv Active Member

Next time you go be sure to ask for samples. The sample stash is just as good as the haul.

9. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

Oh man, I didn’t even think to do that. I would have bought some samples for sure. Thanks for the tip!

brit and McCrae like this.
  10. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I will have to make a visit to this place soon!

brit, Paul Turner and RyX like this.
  11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That's Coffee&Leather, right?

brit and Trigger like this.
  12. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    iu.jpeg

BigD, Paul Turner, brit and 1 other person like this.
  13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Trigger and brit like this.
  14. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

They have all that artisan stuff at Pasteur's? Dang, no wonder the place is so famous.

Trigger, Paul Turner and brit like this.
  15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I’ve been there too. It’s a wet-shave “toy store”.

Paul Turner, brit and Trigger like this.