What are you waiting on to arrive...?

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Darkbulb, Feb 17, 2014.

1. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Saw the excellent price on those blades. Great score, Andrew.

Linuxguile and brit like this.
  2. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I thought so. Not a typical Old Type clone.

Linuxguile and brit like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

is it your first one of this make/model?

Linuxguile likes this.
  4. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Never heard of it, found nothing about it thus far. The Italian forum has no listing for it.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    Linuxguile, Frijolero and brit like this.
  5. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

[​IMG]
    A president case and super speed I was the only bidder

6. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    From Connaught shaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHAVEWIZARD420, Hembree, RyX and 5 others like this.
  7. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I am waiting for an early 20th century Wostenholm straight razor and a Stirling order of their Bay Rum, Sandalwood and Piacenza scented soaps with the same scented aftershaves.

8. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

That is beautiful. Awesome find. Here's a crack at translating the seal:

ТОВАРИШЕСТВО ЮФТЕВАГО ЗАВОДА =PARTNERSHIP OF YUFTEVAGO PLANT
    ВЛАДИМIРъ САВИНъ ОСТАШКОВ =VLADIMIR SAVIN OSTASHKOV

There's an interesting history here on the Ostashkov district and the Savin family. Translated from Russian by Google. Search for the words "the largest enterprise" for the section on this factory.

cliffb599, Hembree, brit and 4 others like this.
  9. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Really fascinating and I appreciate greatly the link and history. I just heard from the seller. It was his wife's grandfather's and apparently it's still pretty supple.

RyX, Frijolero, Hembree and 1 other person like this.
  10. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Thank you Jason. I was waffling a bit on the purchase(I really didn't need more blades) but those 7:00 greens are right up there with GSB's, Pol Silver SI, Nacets, and Perma-Sharp's for me. And the P-Lux is my favorite Moscow blade.

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

jtspartan, brit and RyX like this.
  11. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

[​IMG]
    Clark single edge
    Eagle single
    Feather single

Not too shabby

12. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

s-l300.jpg Persona injector blades.
    If any injector users are reading. Which are popular? Or rumored to be the Mack. Realizing that mileage may vary.

13. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Those blades are good. Slightly sharper than the Schick blades in the yellow package but not as sharp as the Schick Proline blades. Personna blades are a solid choice.

Linuxguile, RyX, Frijolero and 3 others like this.
  14. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I bought this tech because I know almost for sure that it isn't a mismatch and a post war 45 - 47 model. Yes they did make the triangular drain slots up until 47 and didn't start with the ball end handles until either 47 or 48. 45 - 46 and at least part of 47 was exclusively contract tech handles for the thin handle techs when went back to all metal razors post war. They far as I know never made all gold metal razors for military even if the handle was a surplus part. The razor is rough but correct and I will probably restore it and keep it for myself.

tech1.jpg

15. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Another one on the bucket list a Krect slant spiral. My research on these I came up with 36 - 49 was the range of years they were made. The Krect slant spiral from 36 until ??, the curved slant at least 48 and 49 and most like earlier than 48 but I don't know how much earlier.

krect1.jpg

16. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

A razor like that deserves new plating without a doubt.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

17. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I also have the proof via research that those dates are correct for this. It was exclusively fat handles up until 43 then plastic handles for civilian razors 43 - 45 then the contract tech handles for civilian razors 45 - 48 then the ball end handle came on the market either 47 or 48 is order they were put out on the market between 39 - 47/48 regardless of razor head and plating.

18. brit

brit in a box

i have a contract tech on the left beside a fh tech.see the difference in the"made in usa" lettering size and the corner reliefs in the base plates..any thoughts .i think the contract cap may be incorrect as well .. 20190218_174707.jpg

19. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

The lettering will differ depending how well the base plate was stamped. That cap is probably incorrect, looks like it belongs to a military issue razor. I don't know if they mixed those pot metal caps with civilian razors after 45 or not.

If all the pieces are correct then it is a 47 or 48.

Trigger, Linuxguile and brit like this.
  20. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I don't know about all gold military razors, but Achim's site shows this one:
    [​IMG]
    What's even stranger is that, a few months ago, I bout what I think is the same razor minus most of the gold plating. What I discovered upon examination was that the baseplate was steel that had then been plated with copper then the gold wash. (Picture of the baseplate in this post: Two confusing Techs.)

I get the plastic handle and the steel baseplate, but I never understood why it was gold washed rather than nickel-plated.