*DONE* Celebrating a little. My first PIF.

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by CrustyCat, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert1955

Robert1955 Well-Known Member

There were 3 I believe, the red which was quite aggressive, the blue which was mild and the plain one which I believe this one is, I have looked thro a small magnifying glass for traces of blue paint but can't see any.. I believe this is the "normal" razor from the three options that were available atvthe time.

Robert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

the crimp in the handle above the knob like your slim has is missing.only the blue tip has that feature sir.. 1950s middle Blue Tip Super-Speed England.JPG 1954 (Z1) first Flare Tip Super-Speed from Leon.jpg
    you can also look under safety razors here, under the master sticky thread and look for the super speed post ,lots of info..either way, you have a nice set of razors , enjoy..http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/asylumguidos-guide-to-super-speed-identification.8461/

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    Hembree likes this.
  3. Robert1955

Robert1955 Well-Known Member

I was getting a wee bit lost here because of the lack of blue paint...but yoy are correct, it is a blue tip, I get now what you meant about the crimp...one thing tho, why are the red and unpainted razors from same collection both the same but the blue is different ???, Is there a specific reason you know if ?... Thanks for the identification :) [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

that part i am unsure of..the blue tip's handle is aluminum i think where the others are brass . blue tips are quite light. the handle is also thinner..slightly different internals possibly..glad to of helped.

Robert1955 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.