How’s your day? February 2019

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Sara-s, Feb 6, 2019.

1. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I have two disassembled moped engines in the scullery/shed (we've got a small house so some rooms have double functions). One is beyond repair (so old that there's no new crank shaft to be found and the old one has broken down). But the other engine just was laying there - in pieces. Yesterday I reassembled most of that one. It has been some years since I worked on them, so I had to partly disassemble and reassemble to correct errors. Once the assebly is complete I'll sell it online. The older engine will either be sold cheaply for parts or be brought to the junk yard. Result: more room for SWMBO to put her stuff.

I'm planning on selling my moped as well. Though it was fun to ride I just don't seem to get to ride it anymore. So: clean up, fix some parts and sell it. Thus we'll have some more room in the shed to shelter one of our bicycles which has slept outside the last few years.

And then I'll have to save for a motorbike and gear and a licence. For a licence it is obligatory in The Netherlands to follow classes and have an exam. Costs for the licence: about € 1,000 - if you're lucky to pass the first time. It may take some years before I get there, so I'm not going to hold my breath. ;)

AGHisBBS, Hembree, Erik Redd and 4 others like this.
  2. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Good evening y'all

brit likes this.
  3. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Got out of the bed this morning, at my age that's a good start.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS and brit like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

have a great day sir ..

5. sol92258

Well, it's been a crazy few months.
    Been working this new job, driving 4.5 hours home every weekend, and back Sunday evening (and a few Monday mornings...).
    Finally sold our house back in November, and have our new one picked out to move into this summer here in Houston. Wife already has a new job lined up here, daughter is in the running for a scholarship for a full ride at A&M Galveston, so things are really looking up finally. It's been quite a rollercoaster ride (and still a ways to go still), but I finally feel like there's going to be a light at the end of this tunnel.
    Been missing the opportunity to chat with my fellow Denizens, it's been quite a while since I've had time to stop by, hopefully I can carve out a few minutes more frequently going forward.

6. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

A&M Galveston is a good school. My son spent his first year there, then switched to College Station and changed his major to become a high school teacher/coach. He loved catching flounder off the pier on campus.

7. sol92258

Yeah, it'll be right up her alley with their marine biology plan. Praying hard she gets the scholarship, otherwise it'll be very difficult to get her there.

You know, I haven't even thought about seeing how many fellow Denizens are in the Houston area until now.

Erik Redd likes this.