The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I wonder what Doc Ezlovan would call it.

ezlovan, john zeiger, brit and 4 others like this.
  2. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

I nominate something along the lines of Steer Hide or Leather Shop. One thing is for sure, if Stirling acquires it, I'm definitely buying it for myself and several friends and family members. The scent is just too amazing to pass up and is a very serious contrast from British Leather so it most certainly would not be "more of the same. " Do you agree Paul?

ezlovan, PLAla, Paul Turner and 3 others like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

your razor looks like a well worn in comfortable favorite pair of boots sir.. bet its a great shaver...:)

ezlovan, Edison Carter, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  4. Paul Turner

I do agree,...although if you google Imperial Leather, you'll find that England and Russia were in a sense in concert on English Leather-that is England liked what Russia had in the latter's leather formula. While the two were in concert(as I say), the English changed it a bit to their own. I wonder, though, there must be some pretty lady in Russia who went on TV and said "All my men wear Russian Leather". As for names Doc Ezlovan might choose, I'll second your nomination of Leather Store.

5. Paul Turner

I just double-checked the Imperial Leather story-I may not have recalled it correctly, but the countries of Russia and England do appear to have been involved somehow in the industry. Fascinating history.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  6. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Hello all. I'm wondering what does everyone think about the Stirling EDT'S? What is the longevity and sillage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ezlovan, brit, Linuxguile and 6 others like this.
  7. Shadow Shaver

@ob1page, I cannot speak for the group, but I personally love the Stirling EDTs. I own Baker Street, Island Man, and Mountain Man. All three smell wonderful (pretty accurate clones of the aftershaves) and last just as long as some of my colognes like Eternity and Absolu. I typically use 2-3 sprays in a wide pattern and if I apply at 8:30 am I can still smell the scent on my shirt very late that evening. As far as sillage, (great word) I have garnered compliments as much as 6 hours after application. Baker Street and Island Man seem to get the most attention for me. I highly recommend trying out your favorite scent. If you are still on the fence, the sample EDTs are an excellent way to dip your toe in and maybe even try a few new scents. My adult sons found some new sets to put together that way. I hope something here helps you!!! Good luck and let us know how things go. Happy shaving all!

ezlovan, brit, Norcalnewb and 8 others like this.
  8. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

I have the Sandpiper and Sandalwood EdTs. My experience with their performance seems similar to @Shadow Shaver's. I personally love them as well. they have very good staying power and it doesn't break the bank even if you do have to take another "shot: later in the day or evening. We already know their scents, and the EdTs sure don't disappoint. Great scents, great value. I recommend them to compliment their other same scented products. And, they can stand alone on their own as a fragrance choice if you just want one their wonderful scents. I'll be treating myself to more Stirling EdTs soon, and my @Amy Warner got me my second bottle of Sandpiper for Christmas. My Sirling soap, AS splash and EdT "bundle" days are some of my favorites. (I can also do that with their Sandalwood, I just happen to be a big fan of the Sandpiper).

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    ezlovan, brit, Linuxguile and 7 others like this.
  9. Paul Turner

Now that Sandpiper soap became the winning soap of the first Stoylin Tony Awards, I have a full soap AND a full A.S.

10. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTD February Favorites 20th
    [​IMG]

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
    EDRIO #25 RazoRock Wunderbar
    Schick Plus Platinum (3)
    WWBW Jungle Ebonite (26mm, Frigate Class)
    Stirling Iced Pineapple soap and AS
    Stirling Glacial Unscented PSB

Decided to go with a favorites setup today. Stirling Iced Pineapple. The number 1 scent in my den. Doesn't get used enough because I have way too many soaps. When I do use it though it brings a smile to my face and a bounce to my step.

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

11. Linuxguile

Forgot the lather shot. This is why I bowl lather!
    [​IMG]

12. Paul Turner

That's a problem I'm getting now...some of my favorites have to impatiently "wait their turn". It makes ME somewhat impatient. But then I need to realize, I'm happy with all I have for now. The goal is to be happier down the road.

13. Linuxguile

That just means more that have to wait their turn.

14. Paul Turner

It means "out with the old, in with the new favorite discoveries", right?

15. Shadow Shaver

I completely agree with you Paul. It's all about collecting the scents that you love and enjoy. Iced Pineapple is definitely one of those. @Linuxguile that is some great looking lather. Because of my skin I can't shave every day. I must admit though that it doesn't stop me from using my favorite scents just for the smell of it!

16. Linuxguile

I've been known to use an AS on a non-shave day.

17. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

:eatdrink013:
    Never forget lather bowls are for lather making. Mugs are for coffee!

:eatdrink013:

18. Paul Turner

I suppose I'd better consider Iced Pineapple as I make my Stoylin Tony Awards choices throughout the year.

19. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Razor: Above the Tie SE2
    Blade: Feather Professional
    Brush Handle: B-400 The Brush by Tom
    Knot: APShaveCo Tuxedo
    Soap: Stirling Ozark Mountain
    Aftershave: Stirling Ozark Mountain

First shave with the new ATT and I think I went too aggressive with my blade choice. I got 2 weepers tonight, first time in years. I bought a good selection of blades from the fine folks at Try a Blade in anticipation of this razor so I'll try another blade next shave. The Stirling performed flawlessly, I love this scent. Hopefully I have better luck with the next blade because I love this razor. Have a great day!
    [​IMG]

20. Shadow Shaver

Very nice looking set-up. How do you like that brush? Also, I know very little about AtT razors. Is yours normally an aggressive or mild model? Not trying to be nosy, I just really enjoy hearing about other people's opinions to help judge future acquisitions. ;)
    Why not learn from experience right?

ezlovan, john zeiger, ob1page and 3 others like this.