Different methods of keeping track of # of shaves on a blade!

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Ron R, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

williams soap train.JPG :happy088:

brit, CrustyCat, RyX and 2 others like this.
  2. FSword

FSword Member

I keep count on a mobile app, especially for SEs which last longer (about 8 - 10 shaves for me). Alternatively for DEs lasting about 3 shaves I keep the little paper case they come in. After each shave I rip off a small part of each edge so when I see two parts missing I know it's the last shave with this blade.

brit and RyX like this.
  3. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

I use this handy dandy little app right here. However, I don't use it saying to myself, "I've used this blade X number of times. Time to toss it." I use it to keep track of my shaves, soap usage, razor usage, and quality of my shaves. If I have a bad shave with something, I can go back to the last time I used the product to see if I had the same experience I had before. I'm finding that nine times out of ten it isn't the product, but it's the man in the mirror either rushing, not paying attention, or just bad technique that gives me bad shaves.

However, if I used the exact same products every time I really don't think I would have to keep track of usage. It would all come down to feel at that point.

Frijolero and RyX like this.
  4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

5. brit

brit in a box

Hembree likes this.