Best Chain Store Coffee

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by qhsdoitall, Aug 23, 2007.

1. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

ooh! oooh! I know! wait... I forgot. Decent coffee though.

Starbucks is across town. If I'm over there and caffeine-less then I usually stop there.

Hastings also has a coffee shop inside but they served me the worst latte I've ever had the other day. I don't know how you screw up a simple latte but they did so I'm not going back.

The local coffee shops have been dying like gassed roaches, so there just aren't any options.

Except for...

One independent coffee shop right next to us. I forget the name, but they use Community coffee.

I get my coffee at the office most times, though. It's free. It's barely drinkable. And it's caffeinated.

2. AnarchoPhil

AnarchoPhil Member

joe mugs?

3. Philthy Bastard

Philthy Bastard New Member

When I'm either too lazy or too late to use the press at home, it is QT (Quiktrip) dark roast for me. It's hot, strong, locally owned and I'm not putting any coin in the Starbuck's purse.

4. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

yep. that's it.

5. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I find Dunkin' Donuts and McDonald's to be watery. My regular is french press or Moka Pot. But when I don't have time for that I just throw a K-cup in the Keurig. I've actually grown fond of The Original Donut Shop which I believe is made by Green Mountain Coffee for Keurig. The medium roast is actually pretty nice. I'll stick it in my Thermos tumbler and it stays hot for as long as it takes to finish it. Even if it's hours later. If I go to the local diner for breakfast, they have ok coffee but I have to say The Original Donut Shop K-cup beats the diner coffee.

6. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

I drive all over Georgia and parts of Alabama for my work.Flash Foods convenience stores have damn good coffee.I hope Circle K doesn't screw that up since they bought them out.Pilot truck stops have a very good French Vanilla.Quick Trips coffee has a chemical/rubber back note to me.Stripling stores use Community coffee so that is pretty good,a little more cost than most stores.

brit likes this.
  7. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

8 Oclock bean coffee is pretty good .....

8. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

That's my go to, usually ground though.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  9. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Five Star Food Marts/Gas Stations have good coffee, and it's always fresh. You can buy their big travel mug for $3 and get it refilled for $1. I like Five Star far better than the Starbucks in our town.

Mickey D's has a good cup of coffee too, and I'll even go for Cracker Barrel coffee in a pinch.

Over the years, I drank many thousands of gallons of free coffee at work (most Folgers and Maxwell House), and I wouldn't turn my nose up at a cup of either. ;)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    jimjo1031 and Tiredricefarmer like this.
  10. mvd

mvd Well-Known Member

Tim Horton's for me...though they have an advantage since there is one in my place of work!

While not chain stores, my wife and I frequently walk around and grab a coffee or lunch at local mom n pop coffee shops or cafés. Many local shops have put a lot of effort into great coffee, sandwiches, and sweet treats. Love doing this for lunch on the weekend or while traveling.

wristwatchb and jimjo1031 like this.
  11. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Always keep it stocked up.................

wristwatchb likes this.
  12. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Good coffee at Tim Horton's.............

mvd and wristwatchb like this.
  13. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Dunkin' Donuts (or is it just "Dunkin'" now?) dark roast for me if I'm out and need a quick fix.

As for buying in the grocery store... Peet's House Blend is a wee bit spendy, but worth it.

wristwatchb likes this.
  14. wristwatchb

Enjoying Tim Horton's right now. I watch Amazon for the good deals and stock up.
    :eatdrink013:

jimjo1031 and mvd like this.
  15. wristwatchb

2.jpg 1.jpg

MntnMan62, richgem and mvd like this.
  16. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

wristwatchb likes this.
  17. DaveO

DaveO Active Member

Illy's beans in the can is good but more expensive than a lot mentioned here.

18. CarlfromMO

CarlfromMO Well-Known Member

Around the Saint Louis area, I tell folks to try Kaldi's coffee, or Saint Louis Bread Company, (aka Panera).

19. Hammer8

Hammer8 Well-Known Member

For me it’s Dunkin Donuts if I’m out and about. Lately at home, we’ve been using the Kirkland brand from Costco.

20. brit

brit in a box

local shop here called waves is pretty good..