Klockargården shave soap from Sweden

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Dolle, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Dolle

Dolle Member

This was my first negative experience with shaving soaps.

+hand made
    +nice container
    +small scale local production

-very pungent unpleasant smell of etheric oils
    -erates/disapates very qiuckly
    -stings badly on face at application (even before the first pass)

It feels like my face is on fire. I do not recommend this to anyone.

Ingredients (swedish copy paste):
    Cocosolja (sodium cocate), ekologisk ricinolja (sodium castorate (organic)), ister (lard), ekologisk sheasmör (sodium shea butterate (organic)), ekologisk kakaosmör (sodium cocoa butterate (organic)), mangosmör (sodium mango butterate), lanolin (lanolin), ekologisk glycerin, ekologisk havregryn (oatmeal (organic)).

Essential oils: Lime (citrus aurantifolia oil), lavendel, (lavendula angustifolia), grönmynta (mentha spicata herb oil), ekologisk rosmarin (rosmarinus officinalis leaf oil (organic)), eucalyptus (eucalyptus globulus leaf oil (organic)) och pepparmynta (mentha arvensis leaf oil), limonene, linalool, citral

[​IMG]

Yehuda D, oscar11, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

While I'd love to visit Sweden someday in my life, I can appreciate that it appears to be the fiery soap you claim it is, with the country's overly cold climate.

Frijolero and brit like this.
  3. Dolle

Dolle Member

Any ingredients that raise a red flag for you guys?

brit and RyX like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

Some people have an issue with lime oil. I see "lard" rather than Tallow. That means pork fat instead of cow fat.

Tapatalk via LG

Dolle, Frijolero and brit like this.
  5. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Fragrance is the usual suspect. Don't let words like "natural" or "organic" fool you. Essential oils are quite strong and can cause major irritaton. Especially if they dump in a lot, and your description sounds like they did.

Also, some people are sensitive to lanolin. Have you used other soaps with lanolin?

RyX, Dolle and brit like this.
  6. Dolle

Dolle Member

I have, so that shouldn't be an issue.

It's morning, day after the fire shave, my face still feels warm :angry021:

brit likes this.