The new Gillette Skin Guard - dialing it down

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Grick, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Grick

Grick Active Member

gorgo2 likes this.
  2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

If memory serves, the Schick Personal Touch, long extinct, had the blades slightly recessed, making for a little less aggressive shave (makes sense, designed for women). Looks like the same general idea here.

3. Grick

Grick Active Member

They charge the same price as for the Fusion, but for fewer blades. Clever guys.

brit, Alex7, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  4. kfbrady

kfbrady Well-Known Member

It sounds like typical P&G BS.

Interesting that from the literature it appears that the product is aimed at African-American men, who I believe are more prone to skin irritations while shaving.

gorgo2 and 178-bplatoon like this.
  5. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

They cost about $5 less than the Fusions. The bigger issue is that they cost about $5 more than the Mach 3 but then again, theres a lot more engineering in the Skinguard than their is in the Mach 3.

gorgo2 likes this.
  6. Alex7

Alex7 Active Member

Here's a YouTube review for the SkinGuard:
    It's made for those that suffer from irritation. Looks interesting. I wonder how close it shaves in comparison to other cartridge razors.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Tried one that I found paired with a woman's waterless lotion unit. The shave was so-so (prob. because I didn't have the usual handle) but some here swear to good results by them. It'll take off a full beard with no problem, that's for sure.

8. Grick

Grick Active Member

Just get an Excel if you prefer a not so close shave.

9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Gee more plastic cart garbage.... Wonderful.

brit likes this.