SOS: February 2019

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Boojum1, Jan 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Somnos

Somnos Well-Known Member

9B3BB427-FD9D-4B70-A8D7-3A24C693C9B4.jpeg Lots of beard to get through so I reached for the Muhle R41. Nothing quite compares to a two pass shave with the beast. Close as can be. Used a slick cream in the Gentleman’s Tonic and I love the scent. Paired with the Issey Miyake balm and the EDT...perfect Sunday and getting dinner ready. Happy Sunday all!

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Mulhe R41
    Blade: Crystal Stainless
    Brush: Simpson Special 1
    Pre-Shave: Proraso White Lotion
    Lather: Gentleman’s Tonic Babassu & Bergamot
    Aftershave: Issey Miyake - L’Eau D’Issey Pour Homme
    Additional Care:
    B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
    Issey Miyake - L’Eau D’Issey Pour Homme

https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/5c731ec3401bc03dc39d6530

2. brit

brit in a box

very cool,lovely pic and set up..

McCrae, clint64, TommyCarioca and 2 others like this.
  3. Nicked

Nicked Well-Known Member

Thanks, bit of work to dodge glares w/o a light tent, I keep telling myself I'm not going to take it that extreme...

clint64, TommyCarioca and brit like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

i face similar issues .i have a camera as well ,but i use my phone..anything really shiny glares back..still learning..

clint64 likes this.
  5. william beer

william beer Well-Known Member

Thx much

Tim Spencer, Boru62, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  6. william beer

william beer Well-Known Member

Thx Brit

Boru62, clint64 and brit like this.
  7. Nicked

Nicked Well-Known Member

I agree on the Zoologist Scents, I have 3 of the soaps and pairing them with the travel fragrance sprayers makes them all the more enjoyable, wearing Camel today.

8. TommyCarioca

TommyCarioca Well-Known Member

Tim-it's like you can read my mind . I just saw PAA's new product last night. A puck is sitting in my cart now. Jeez i got a problem. You made me laugh. I am thinking i got to sniff your creed favorite and get that in next year's run [spice & wood]..... But I better start saving!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

9. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Thank you, Tommy.

Boru62 and clint64 like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

awesome sir. if i ever have a sandalwood question...:)

TommyCarioca and clint64 like this.
  11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

February 25, 2019
    Karve D Plate
    Feather
    Alpha T-400
    AOS Sandalwood Cream
    Fine Santal Absolut

[​IMG]

12. TommyCarioca

TommyCarioca Well-Known Member

And there is the best sdwd fragrance combo out there!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Boojum1, brit and clint64 like this.
  13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you. It is a great scent combo.

Boru62 likes this.
  14. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

20190224_133708.jpg

Prep: Pre Shave Soap Mix
    Razor: Wilkinson Orange
    Blade: Croma Diamat
    Brush: Yaqi 26mm Synthetic
    Soap: Dr. JON'S Cold Fall Morning

Had a great shave early this morning with Dr. Jon's with no problems whatsoever.

Scent of Cold Fall Morning is Coffee, maple syrup, Pine and other notes. To my nose it almost smells like a Berry Pine something a bit similar to Wild West 2017. It is a nice scent but wish i could detect more of the coffee notes. Scent strength is about 5/10 and is a bit on the light side IMO but that works quite well with this sort of scent.

Perdormance is very good. Dr. Jon's has improved their soap base since they first came on the scene. Soap whipped up a thick lather that really exploded once enough water was added. Managed a near BBS drama free shave and finished off with SW Autumn Ash which smells amazing and one of my top 5 scents of all time. Longevity seems to be pretty good on their EDT as well, although not as potent as Arymis or English Leather (what is lol).

Hope everyone is in good health and getting the best shaves possible!
    20190224_134416.jpg

15. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Monday
    February 25, 2019

Wolfman WR1-OC Darwin Ti
    Feather HS
    Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
    Barrister and Mann Cheshire
    Fine Lavender

[​IMG]

16. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Menthol Monday SOTD

[​IMG]

Razor: Muhle Rocca R95
    Blade: Super Iridium (D9)
    Brush: WildWestBrushworksw Romera 24mm Silvertip
    Bowl: Doug Smith 5" Shaving Mug
    Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
    Pre-Shave Balm: TSD Iced SubZero
    Shave Soap: Barrister & Mann Arctique
    Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Arctique

17. brit

brit in a box

just noticed the brush, i have one ,love it.. nice weight ,they called it a silver tip synth knot..

clint64 and TommyCarioca like this.
  18. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Date: 25 February 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
    Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
    Soap/Cream:- Arko (4 shaving sticks grated into a 250ml plastic tub)
    Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
    Razor/Blade:- Gillette Rocket HD500 made in England 1950's / Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum #3
    Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree Oil, Lavender & Peppermint / WAHL Bay Rum Aftershave Splash
    Fragrance:- L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

:angry032: 3 days to go for the whole month of Arko February shave. :angry032: :char039:

19. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

February Favorites

February 24

Razor - Gillette New SC Deluxe
    Blade - [​IMG]
    Soap - Tabac
    Brush - Jayaruh #54
    Post - Alum

All righty then. Back to shaving. I had a decent day of everything else today, looked scruffy, so was ready to shave by the time the day ended. Even more than usual. I couldn't resist using the New SC Deluxe again - he just looks so amazingly shiny. Still with the Sharp Star and - using a favorite soap I hadn't yet touched in February - Tabac. Talk about grandma's purse, old men, whatever you like - I'm man enough to use it and LIKE it. My wife instantly recognizes the scent and likes it as well. I did three passes, taking my time enjoying the lather from the JR54 as well as the look of that shiny razor doing its thing. My wife seems surprised I'm using it now. She doesn't quite get the fact that the value in vintage gear, especially restored vintage gear, is its ability to perform exactly as when it was new. Love it.

Two days off for me now, at least from the world of mattresses. I'll pick up my new laptop tomorrow (took the old one apart to see if I could fix it and found out just how badly it got damaged. Yeah. Terminal) then doing the grocery shopping while my wife sees clients. Tuesday will be a day of my "other job" but that will be a nice diversion as that continues to evolve as well. Should be a fun and profitable two days. Hope your Monday starts the week off well!

[​IMG]

20. hins2jw0

hins2jw0 Well-Known Member

Sunday SOTN

I wanted to keep up with the single edge fun... But I couldn't help myself. The REX was calling for me tonight. A nice comfortable shave with a new blade for me. I can see why you guys love the Super Iridiums - decently sharp and very smooth. I used the Rex at milder settings tonight and still had a very close shave (2.5, 3, 3.5). Had to pair the What The Puck with the Aqua Velva for the blue theme. Have a great night.

Josh [​IMG]

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.