SOS: February 2019

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Boojum1, Jan 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hins2jw0

hins2jw0 Well-Known Member

Thursday SOTN

Another relatively smooth shave with the Gem Bullet Tip after getting home tonight. I did a little better under my chin and jaw line tonight... Extra pass or two there but no crazy razor burn after doing it. I think I'm feeling the Gem G-bar tomorrow but time will tell... Something else might spark my fancy. As the wife and I had dinner at the Country Club tonight I had to pull out the Clubman. I'm digging the Cucumber Witch Hazel from the cheap little glass spray bottle btw. Have a great night everyone!

Josh[​IMG]

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

2. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

SHAVE OF THE DAY
    20190228_100257.jpg

Prep: Occams Crushed Lime Pre Shave Soap
    Razor: Gillette Tech
    Blade: Croma Diamat
    Brush: Maggard 24mm Synthetic
    Soap: Ellegant Rose- English Rose

Wow! Had a amazing BBS shave this morning, best shave i've had in a while and ended up super smooth. The Ellegant Rose whips up a top notch lather that holds a good amount of water. This soap has become a instant favorite from first use and each time i reach for it i wish i was able to shave more than once a day, just terrific stuff IMO.

Scent of English Rose is a blend of Rose and Geranium. The Rose they use smells amazing and since thats part of the company name it's no surprise. Scent strength is a bit lighter than QCS Rose Otto, so is not overpowering or something that will effect A/S scent. Finished off with Pinaud Brandy Spice and felt absolutely no burn which is very surprising for a alcohol based splash.

Hope y'all had a similar shaving experience!
    20190228_101330.jpg

jtspartan, Bobcat, PLAla and 15 others like this.
  3. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I agree about Country Club making great products. Have a tub of La Habana i plan on using here in the near future. Each formula he makes has its own charachteristics and all are top notch. Vegan, Tallow, Greek Yogurt doesnt matter which one you choose.

Thought people were saying Kevin reopened under the name "Mad Yak Outfitters"?

4. william beer

william beer Well-Known Member

How do you like your Yaqi brush? I.m still breaking mine in but it's a monster. Too big for face lathering? Not sure yet.

Edison Carter and Linuxguile like this.
  5. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I agree totally Tim! They were one of my staples, especially Southern Oud. I am also sad to see another one of my favorites, Reef Point, close his doors. He made great soaps and aftershaves.

Friday

Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Scots Pine Sheep
    Soap: Reef Point Submariner
    Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW Short Comb
    Blade: Personna Med Prep (9)
    Brush: Turtleship Silvertip-24mmx55mm
    Aftershave: Reef Point Submariner

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Reef Point Submariner today. 20 seconds to load the Turtleship Silvertip brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Personna Med Prep still in the Gillette NEW Short Comb. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Reef Point Submariner aftershave.

Bob

[​IMG]

6. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I really like it, Nice soft tips and good backbone as well. I don't think its too big for face lathering. Although, I like big brushes and this one is far from my biggest. I have a 35mm Doug Korn and a 30mm Maseto both in two band and even they are nice face latherers too.

brit, Boru62 and Edison Carter like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.