The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thank you!
    I made this purchase early on in my wet shaving journey. I too was debating which baseplate to get. I haven't tried the .68 so I can't offer a comparison but the .95 is a wonderful razor that I have no issues using daily. Timeless does have the 30 day return policy. I look forward to seeing your new razor!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2. Rib

Rib Well-Known Member

Typically when is the Spring/Summer line made available?

3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTD February 27th
    [​IMG]

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
    EDRIO #30 Ever-Ready 1924
    Gem SS PTFE (7)
    Epsilon White Horse (26mm, Frigate Class)
    Stirling Mountain Man soap(5 drops of M-Bomb) and AS
    TSD M-Bomb (menthol additive)
    Stirling Glacial Unscented PSB

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

5 straight days of Stoylin aftershaves for next week. Details in the SOTD's.

5. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

I need some help. I'm putting together an order for a few items and need suggestions. I'm for sure getting the Barbershop and Ozark Mountain EDT's to go with the matching soap and aftershave I already own. I'm looking to pick up 2 more sets (soap, AS and EDT) and can't make up my mind on what to get. I'm pretty sure I'm getting Sharp Dressed Man as I have a similar scent from Route 66, Twisted Tweed, that I love the scent of but Stirling's performance is better. My requirement is that it has to be available in a EDT but otherwise I'm open to suggestions. What's your favorite scent?

6. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I haven't tried any of the EdTs yet, but what about Sandpiper? It's a fantastic scent. Another that comes to mind is Baker Street.

7. Rib

Rib Well-Known Member

I havent tried the EDT's yet but here are a few soap suggestions that are available in EDT

Stirling Gentleman is my favorite
    Baker Street
    Executive Man

You will probably get a slew of recommendations though as there are so many good scents

8. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

I agree with you on Sharp Dressed Man ,truly amazing scent. I like Sandpiper but I will warn you that in my experience it is a very "hit or miss" scent out in public. People seem to either love it or hate it. Unfortunately my wife is with the latter group. I have quit giving Sandpiper out to people. I second Baker Street and would also suggest either Stirling Blu or Deep Blue Sea. All three smell wonderful and I have received unsolicited compliments when wearing all of them. I'm not sure what your personal tastes run towards, but you could always order a sample and choose from there. Or better yet...why limit yourself to only 2 more?!? ;) Good luck, no matter what you can't lose with Stirling.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  9. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

I have Gentleman and while I love it my fiancee does not so it's in the sell pile. I also own MITA and I'm keeping that. I like aquatic scents and my fiance loves them but I already own several and I'm looking for something different. I'm selling off a bunch of stuff and getting it down to 10. I have citrus covered as well as fougeres, Barbershop, Roam, fern and Old Spice type scents also covered and I'm looking to round out the collection. I'm leaning towards getting a couple aftershave samples in to first try and as of now, I'm ordering these
    [​IMG]

10. Linuxguile

I have EDT samples in Mountain Man, EMP, and Sandpiper. EMP is executive man with extra pineapple. If Rod were to release EMP in a soap and a Splash I would pick them up in a heartbeat! Deep Blue Sea is truly an amazing scent and I will probably add an EdT sample of that and Hipster on my next order. Nior is also very nice. There are too many good scents from Stirling to choose from, Ben!

11. Shadow Shaver

Great choices all around! Mountain Man and Dunshire are definitely near the top of my list . Looks like you have a real challenge ahead of you.

12. Rib

Rib Well-Known Member

Ok friends, I recently purchased glacial lemon and have now used it 3 or 4 times and every time I do I find myself loving the glacial feeling more and more.
    My question to you all is concerning the aftershave. I already get a nice aftershave "burn" feeling when I splash on other Stirling aftershaves that are not glacial, I'm somewhat terrified to think what the glacial aftershave feels like but find myself wondering how the full glacial experience is with aftershave and all.

I'm also looking forward to the possibility of other glacials in the springtime like Eskimo Tuxedo if that comes back.

13. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

If you're enjoying the glacial soap then go ahead and get the aftershave. It's a wonderful experience! Then top it off with a little glacial balm. :Animatedfrozensmily:

In all seriousness, I have Glacial Lemon Chill aftershave and find it to be a wonderful product.

14. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

:signs011:

15. Paul Turner

If people seem to love or hate Sandpiper, I'll take my chances on the "love".

16. Shadow Shaver

If I was being willingly assailed at the checkout counter, I would bet on the "Love " doctor too!

17. Paul Turner

That was with Clubman, but I wouldn't be above experiencing same scene with the Yves St. Laurent pour Homme clone.

18. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

066E092B-AF75-43D0-B4A5-ADD68F2753DF.jpeg Oh my gosh, what a great shave today!

19. Linuxguile

SOTD March 4th
    [​IMG]

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
    EDRIO #33 Blackland Blackbird
    Wizamet Iridium Super
    WWB Jungle Ebonite (26mm, Frigate Class)
    Stirling Hipster Soap and AS
    Stirling Glacial Unscented PSB

20. Shadow Shaver

IMG_2300.jpg

Holy guacamole Batman, the Great Stirling Fairy has come to town! Super excited to get this delivery today. These new scents are nice. I'm with Paul about not being too keen on unisex scents but I have to say that Royal smells wonderful in the package at least. I find it very masculine though and my wife and adult daughter agree. Triumph and Hipster (for men) both smell great as well. Hipster has something truly timeless to it just like Baker Street. I'm definitely in for a full tub! Happy shaving all.