What's your best high end cream?

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Rusty blade, May 30, 2018.

1. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Because none of it is expensive. One may cost more than the other, but I have yet to come across anything that is expensive. However, just because it isn't expensive to me doesn't mean it isn't expensive to someone else.
    It's all about percentages. Let's take a look at Floyd Mayweather's watch purchase not too long ago. A eighteen million dollar watch. To most people, that was extremely expensive. However, percentage wise he spent well under what most people would spend on a watch. To him, it was Saturday, to others it was extreme waste of money.
    This is why terms need to be identified. The term expensive means nothing. A car is expensive, but you can get a new one for about 20k and you can spend over 300m on one. It's about perspective and percentages.

brit likes this.
  2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Maybe you could start another thread if you think important terms and/or definitions are missing. Let the OP have his own thread. No harm. No foul. It's just shaving.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  3. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

So the definition that you pretended to want does not exist, and you knew that. You just decided to swoop in like a seagull and crap on the thread. Got it. Moving on.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  4. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

The OP wants to know about High End and Expensive stuff. What is his budget? I don't want to tell him X is the best, and it's out of his price range, but if he has a larger budget and he's thinking more of Boilles Panama 1924 level I am not going to tell him how much I love Proraso Wood and Spice.

Both are great by the way.

5. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I understand your point. If you don't have enough information to provide a suitable answer, why not move on? Others have chosen to respond, and it makes for good reading as far as I'm concerned. He doesn't have to define terms any more than he has or chooses. Really, it's just shaving.

BigMark83 likes this.
  6. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Just trying to help the OP out the best I can. Not belittling him or anything. Just want to help pinpoint a good suggestion to him. That's all. Not trying to "crap" on the thread. No malice was meant. Seems my thought processes are a bit different than others.
    However, I'd still like the OP's thoughts on this. Did he have solid price points in mind to help make better decisions in the future, or did he want to measure others by their answers here?

brit likes this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

well said..

BigD likes this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

what does high end mean for you,?

9. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

He did this in another thread. It’s his game. Don’t feed him.

Ijustmissedthe50s and Steve56 like this.
  10. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

The absolute possible best. The purist of ingredients. Bespoke to the taste of the client. How old school French perfumers would create a scent specific to their clients that would become their signature scent for life. Could be done. Just need to find an artisan that would do it. The cost would be in the thousands if done right.

With perfumes you are just finding the scent. You'd have to find the perfect ingredients as well to find the perfect fit for the client's skin, taste, environment, water, and desired attributes of the lather. That would be a truly exclusive, luxury, high end cream.

Frijolero and brit like this.
  11. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

Quality and price don't always track. I don't even know how many soaps and creams I have but it's a bunch. It's your money spend what you want.

BigD, brit, GatorJoe and 1 other person like this.
  12. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Indeed. It also seems pedants thrive in this age of unreason. Perhaps you should start your own thread on a riveting subject, like how many angels can shave on the head of pin.
    Give it a rest.

13. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Problem? Seriously, why all the hate?

14. Steve56

Steve56 Hone Hoarder

You’re being perceived as a troll in this thread and others. But of course you know that.

Cheers, Steve

15. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Seems some people understand my posts, and some people think I'm trying to be mean. If someone is thinking I'm trying to be mean, ask. Snide remarks do no good. If you don't understand what I am saying or asking, ask for clarification.

16. brit

brit in a box

i agree ,i have spent more on some items and got better results with cheaper ones..jm frasers cream is one example..compared to my castle forbes lavender ,theres not much difference in performance..

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    BigD likes this.
  17. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I don’t have a ton of creams, five to be exact. Proraso green and blue, LaToja, Tabac, and TOBS Eton College. All perform very similar B but I would give the edge to TOBS and Tabac for scent. I really should reach for a cream more often.
    I do have a couple of those brushless creams, but IMHO, they don’t even count.

brit, wristwatchb, BigD and 2 others like this.
  18. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

My premium shave cream is TOBS Sandalwood. Everyday quick shave...Barbasol...:eatdrink013:

wristwatchb, brit and BigD like this.
  19. jwr3265

jwr3265 Well-Known Member

Side stepping the drama....

St James of London, Icoloniali, T&H, and. Baum.be I find to be great creams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  20. smoothcut

smoothcut New Member

BRAVO!

brit likes this.