What's for dinner tonight?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by txskimo, Mar 8, 2015.

1. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

The wifey made some pork chops, stuffing, chopped potatoes, and lima beans...mmmm. No apple sauce tho...hehe.

2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Last night was buttermilk chicken, cooked in the air-fryer. (We use the FoodSaver vacuum marinator to get the buttermilk deeply infused into the meat. Then we just coat it with seasoned breadcrumbs) With that, we had some oven-baked fries & some corn. The fries were just OK, but the chicken was great.

3. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Recently made a couple pots of chili that turned out well. I did make a horrible attempt at a shrimp and sausage jambalaya last week that I’m still embarrassed about.
    Tonight the wife made a good chicken pot pie with a Costco rotisserie chicken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frijolero and AGHisBBS like this.
  4. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

air cooked some burgers 2/3 beef,1/3 turkey and spices and dale's seasoning

brit, Frijolero and AGHisBBS like this.
  5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Tonight, we had lamb bacon with egg noodles.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  6. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Salisbury steak, onion gravy, mashed taters and fresh peas. Yummy

Shaver X, wristwatchb and AGHisBBS like this.
  7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Had some friends over tonight... here's the menu:

Started with prosciutto and melon.

Main: cubed oven fried potatoes (salt, garlic powder, diced onion, rosemary)
    marinaded london broil on the gril (balsamic, red wine, garlic, soy sauce)
    50/50 salad with constellation cherry tomatoes and grapefruit vinaigrette

dessert: flourless chocolate cake with strawberry-basil maceration and ice cream

And... enough leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

We made chicken Provençal with baby potatoes. Yum!

Shaver X and AGHisBBS like this.
  9. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

Pork tenderloin marinated in teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, worchestershire sauce, garlic and thyme. I grilled the tenderloin. It came out nice and crisp on the outside with the marinade all carmelized and tender and juicy on the inside. As a side I made some small baby potatoes and onions in a cast iron skillet with some olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Late in the cooking I added some balsamic vinegar and honey.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    Shaver X, Redrock, AGHisBBS and 4 others like this.
  10. Xring3

Xring3 Well-Known Member

Grilled hamburger, topped with brown gravy and loaded mashed potatoes. Strawberry cheesecake later on.

brit, AGHisBBS and richgem like this.
  11. MntnMan62

Ok. First I have to mention yesterday. My wife wanted a birthday party with a country theme and her request was that I make mac and cheese. This was big because the last time I made mac and cheese was probably 20 years ago. It was insanely delicious with lots and lots of cheese in it. She loved it. Unfortunately she came down with a stomach virus that very night and wasn't able to even think about mac and cheese again...............until now. So I went looking for some recipes. I took a little from there and a little from there and went for it. Made two aluminum chaffing dishes of it. And it seemed to be a real hit. I used 6 or 7 cheeses. Next time I'm going to add a little mustard powder to the recipe and I may use a little more evaporated milk or something that will add a little bit more moisture to it for a creamier inside. I crisp up the top with melted cheese under the broiler.

And tonight is the first night of Rosh Hashanah. It was a late night last night, my wife isn't Jewish so I decided to just go down to the local deli and picked up some matzah ball soup, beef brisket with au jus, Israeli salad, potato pancakes with apple sauce, gefilte fish with horseradish, cinnamon rugelach. Happy New Year everyone.

12. Xring3

Xring3 Well-Known Member

When I was in school (Kansas City) when Ross Hashanah came half of our school was gone. Lol. And you really went full blown on the Mac and cheese. My wife hates Mac and cheese so I just open a box of Kraft for me and fix it....problem solved.

brit, AGHisBBS and MntnMan62 like this.
  13. MntnMan62

Yeah. I kind of had to go all out. First it's her birthday so she's gotta like it and be impressed. But then there is also a NYC chef on the block who was in attendance and if he decides to eat, I want to impress him as well. Unfortunately he had eaten before coming over. He's weird that way. When he's cooking, he doesn't eat the food he makes. I don't get it. But it doesn't matter because he makes some of the most delicious stuff. Now I want to tweak the Mac & Cheese recipe to get it where it is better than anything anyone's ever tasted. That's my goal. I may never get there but I'll sure enjoy eating my samples along the way.

brit, AGHisBBS and Xring3 like this.
  14. Xring3

Xring3 Well-Known Member

Forecast for tomorrow is cloudy and cold. Perfect weather for homemade chili!

AGHisBBS and brit like this.
  15. Xring3

Xring3 Well-Known Member

Made the chili this afternoon as planned. Just enough for the wife and me and enough left over for lunch Monday.

16. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Pork and cactus stew for me tonight.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Chicken, marinated in my own buttermilk ranch dressing, breaded & air fried, with a side of pasta.

AGHisBBS, richgem and PanChango like this.
  18. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

PB&J

Sometimes you just need to go with the classic.

Xring3 and AGHisBBS like this.
  19. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    Cold Wet day up here in the North Idaho Panhandle

15 Bean soup with Ham Hocks in a Lodge Enameled 6qt DO
    12" Lodge Skillet to color the Vegis
    5.5 qt Lodge DO for the Bread
    Got a really good rise out of the bread and the crumb showed it

Hot soup warm bread melted butter wife is out with the Gals

Life is gooooood

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Youngest daughter making me gluten free spaghetti.

richgem and jimjo1031 like this.