March 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Feb 28, 2019.

?

What Madness is March bringing to your shave?

1. I'm going to use gear I rarely or never use for the month.

11 vote(s)
    26.8%
  2. I'm going to do a Rule.

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. It's Focus time!

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  4. Soap Madness for me....gotta make room for more!

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
  5. I'm going to eat cookies AND donuts for breakfast.

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  6. I'm going to shave completely in the dark....oh wait....that's MAYhem.

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

No I haven't but if they have a knock off of the Samoans - I don't need to know. Talk about a cookie made out of crack!

2. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Sorry to hear about the bad shave Carl. What do you think was the cause?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Day 59.

One tiny nicklet under the nose, and one on the chin today. Barely bled. Otherwise, a great shave. Three passes with the Ralf Aust, one with the Piccolo.

With the stick out of the way, my attention has turned to the Haslinger. It's been a while. I'd forgotten just how awesome this stuff is. I have a puck of the newer non-tallow schafmilch I need to get out, too. I loved it using a DE, but the straights are a different test altogether.

IMG_20190304_082024.jpg

Trigger, wristwatchb, Terry and 15 others like this.
  5. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Monday morning March 4 - Fat Monday

IMG_20190304_100605.jpg

Delta Echo refurbished Gillette Fatboy on 4 / Rapira Swedish Supersteel (1)
    Simpsons CH2 Chubby ( "fat") Synthetic Bristles brush
    MWF Kent-branded version in beechwood tub
    Alum and Polar Ice Booster splash

I missed shaving on Fat Friday so for my first shave in March I did Fat Monday instead - fat razor, fat brush and of course The Fat itself. Topped off with a mildly icy splash as a nod to Menthol Monday. The Fat has been sadly neglected by me in recent months, as shown by its sad state in today's photo. In its glory days when fully hydrated by regular use, the puck filled the tub. It is now shrunken and covered with cracks. Nonetheless, when called upon today, it roused itself from its wizened torpor and provided a noble lather. The fresh Russian steel in its Gillette holder then easily mowed down four days of stubble in two easy passes, leaving me DFS+ smoooth. A few spritzes of Polar Ice Booster finished a great shave.

I am getting used to my new work schedule now, so I should be around the 30DC thread more in March than I was earlier this year. I am looking forward to getting back into the swing of things with the Crew.

Trigger, wristwatchb, Terry and 16 others like this.
  6. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I understand you're wanting to revert back to the cart. It gives you a successful shave, however, I would suggest that you are porting the cart "technique" over to the Slim. Specifically too much pressure. A cart allows for that---even requires it, but the DE will penalize you severely for it. I would, after your neck heals, go back to the Slim and stick with it. Every day, with the lightest of pressure---WTG only for the time being. Imagine you are removing the lather, not the stubble. Be satisfied with less than BBS results for a couple of weeks. See if that helps.

7. Primotenore

Article Team
    I had to look that one up, John. :signs002:

8. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Nice shave, John!

9. PLAla

Nice shave and photo, Robert!

10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Grr shave Brian. I hope things go much better for you this week.

11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Wonderful photos and post. Bravo.

Trigger, Norcalnewb, RyX and 5 others like this.
  12. Primotenore

Article Team
    March Focus
    [​IMG]
    Hemingway Accoutrements Shave Crème~~Rubberset 400/3~~Portland 1905~~Alt Innsbruck
    SR #35
    Back for more goodness with the newly acquired HASC. Today, I chose to face-lather it with the Rubberset

and the results were more satisfying than yesterday's bowl lather.
    Don't ask me why, but the lather stayed juicier, shinier, less airy (I know why that was) and the slickness
    was astounding. The scent is best described as a masculine cologne, with a hint of daring adventure.
    The Portland whisked away the whiskers with wonderful whimsy.
    The attempt at a new grip for a right-sided ATG pass was rewarded with a couple of minor weepers.
    Note to self: keep both hands on the wheel.

I don't know what made me choose the Alt Innsbruck. It doesn't pair well and for those of you
    that still have a memory, you should recall that this juice has begun to separate.
    Next stop...down the proverbial drain.
    Not sure if I will replace it. :signs002:
    Although, when I shave with I Coloniali, a fresh squirt of the Alt Innsbruck
    is superb...:happy088:

13. PLAla

Nice post, photo, and alliteration, Joseph!

FaceScraper, Norcalnewb, RyX and 4 others like this.
  14. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

For March Madness I'm going to focus on the New LC Open comb I received courtesy of @John Ruschmeyer . I have to be extra careful as I've netted myself a few weepers before with an Open comb.

One question on the open combs...should the blade show equally on both sides? For some reason it seems like there is more blade exposure on one side than the other...I've checked the blade placement and it seems to be ok. Not sure if it's just an anomaly or I'm loading something wrong.

15. Primotenore

Article Team
    Thanks Perry...I got a million of 'em...Hot cha cha cha chaaa.

16. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

Just look for these. Year round. More in a pack. Less expensive.
    [​IMG]

17. Moose

Moose Well-Known Member

Thanks, Clint!

18. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Great. My blood sugar just jumped 50 points. :angry032: I will be going by a few Aldi's today, though. Hmmmmmmmm.

19. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

If you like the Tagalongs - ( who doesn't??) Aldi's version is very close to the original. Matter of fact, my wife and I prefer them to the real deal. Not by a huge margin - but yes, prefer the knockoffs.
    Looking forward to your review(s). :D

20. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Cookie enabler!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.