How's Your Day? Archives

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Shep, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Jim in Atlanta
    in the 10:31 area
    I was responding to some folks announcing themselves being scared...all I said was
    don't be scared...be informed and prepared

2. mhdagley

mhdagley Member

I thought that was you.

3. sol92258

*flexes*

I just made a comment about what a useful feature that is, and how generous of the weather folks to give some extra attention when they could be taking a break during what's going to be a busy evening

4. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Haha. Thanks, Matt. Sorry it took so long for me to get the package out.

Tracy... isn't that he that wiseguy that's always blabbing his head off? Take him out back, Jimmy. He wanted to sleep with the fishes tonight.

Meow. Come back.

Oooh. That was really fun. One of the best moments in my life, honestly. For those of you that haven't titrated anything, you're missing out. It's the best way to kill time.

Huh? What? Really? Where?

Goodnight, Rodd. Take care. Hope things go as well as possible at the doc tomorrow.

5. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Oh. And good luck with the weather down there.

6. sol92258

thanks..I'm actually toying with the idea of going ahead and VPN'ing into my servers at work and shutting them down, but the UPSs always to their job

7. mhdagley

mhdagley Member

Our power never went out. Sunday with the wind it did but not tonight. Where are ya anyways always wondered.

8. sol92258

approx 20 miles south of Texarkana, find the Northern border of Louisiana, go about due left

9. mhdagley

mhdagley Member

Cool Ive been round that part a time or two.

10. TenBears

TenBears New Member

I am surprised that Jim had the focus to tell you. That is out around Distraction you know.

11. sol92258

:happy097:happy097:happy097

I see your sense of humor made it through the storm...of course it kinda just formed around ya'll's area, didn't really build up yet...last radar showed it looked like it was weakening a bit

and speaking of Distraction, my Distraction Girl is snoring soundly, but wakes up every 10 minutes or so "is it here yet? is it here yet?"
    she always gets so scared when these storms fire up

12. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

mehhhh I finished chapter one but I still need to make index cards for two more chapters

13. sol92258

mehh, indeed
    good luck with that

14. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Exam tomorrow?

What are you working on?

15. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

Exam friday, sociology. I have a 9 AM bio class and I'm debating if I should go downstairs get coffee and keep working or if I should just go to bed. If I can knock out half of chapter 5 tonight that will put me way ahead tomorrow and give me time for calc, but also not much time for sleep.

16. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

It's always better to get the sleep you need. You'll always be faster and more efficient when you're well rested. What topic in sociology are you working on? Whenever you bring up sociology, my interest is piqued as a great deal of the reading I do for fun is related to or part of the sociology field.

17. TenBears

TenBears New Member

Tornado sirens went off earlier, but nothing touched down, at least not in our neighborhood.

18. sol92258

eh, sorry guys and gal, been spending so much time on the weather blog, I keep forgetting to check in here :D
    man, this storm is booking it, East bound and down!

psychology/sociology, my second major, honestly sociology is a bit more practical I think

19. TenBears

TenBears New Member

Are you staying up until the storm passes?

20. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

It's just a basic intro course. I decided to grab a cup of coffee and knock out another half chapter, I don't have anything insanely important tomorrow anyway. If tomorrow were test day I'd go to bed but my next test is friday, I should be ok with 5 hours of sleep and a decent amount the next day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.