How's Your Day? Archives

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Shep, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

doubtful, I'm going to watch and see how bad the threat is to my area, and if it looks reasonable enough, I'll go ahead and sleep
    latest radar loop looks like a possible weak point in the line that could pass through my area

I have a theory, since I20 and I30 out of Dallas split, heading off to Shreveport and Texarkana, respectively, that the storms prefer the Interstate traffic and tend to go around my area...not always, sometimes they choose the scenic route, and again, this is just theory, but I have noticed this happen many times, maybe it's the wide path of trees missing for the interstates makes a kind of wind channel that makes a small difference in some of the severe weather

2. TenBears

TenBears New Member

I am very glad I am no longer in school.

3. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Goodnight, moon.

All the kids in the storm area - stay safe.

4. sol92258

g'nite Dom...if you read a news story about an idiot who tried to ride a tornado in his Batman suit....it, errr, wasn't me :rolleyes:

oooh, it's thundering good here...hope my communications stay up!

5. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

I like it, I get back what I put into it.

6. sol92258

looks like the most severe is going to be South of me (ya'll take cover!)
    and North of Texarkana, looks like quite a bit of weakening on my county and the one north of me...except the thunder is pretty intense :shocked003

7. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

aww I want awesome thunder

8. sol92258

well, the downpour is here!
    there's a tiny crack from what I can tell on the radar, that's going to go right over my house...which is good for us other "Distraction-ites", as our house are almost conveniently lined up...we should be okay, everyone, my prayers are with you.
    Oddly enough, a lot of folks from my church are members of Disaster Relief, and are out of town helping with a previous storm in Kentucky, I think, they may have work more locally soon

9. sol92258

that blog idea is pretty good idea, the meteorologist is posting letting us know when he's about to go on air and make an update...this is cool

alright, pretty sure I'm clear...g'nite!

10. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

i want some damn tornado.

(and yes, ive seen one before :rolleyes:)

:D

11. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Mornin' all.

12. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Morning everyone.

Jen - hope your studying plan works out for you. Thankfully you were preparing on Tuesday for an exam later in the week and not cramming at the last moment. That puts way up there on prep compared to many of your peers!

Distraction crew and those in similar locales - I hope the storms passed by uneventfully.

Dom... sorry you fell victim to injury week. Hope everything is alright.

OK - that is it. We never officially said what day injury week started, so I declare it started last week on Tuesday. Therefore it is done! No more injuries! This is no harm - no foul week!

13. Truckman

Truckman New Member

I'm with you on that.

14. profsaffel

profsaffel The a**s go marching one by one

I went to bed before this update. That's ok with me. I'd rather sleep through it. After Hurricane Ike, I'm a little more leary of wind than I used to be.

15. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Have a good day everyone! I am heading in to work and have an AM faculty meeting. I will try stopping by during lunch. Otherwise, it is another busy afternoon.

16. profsaffel

As far as I know all went well through the night. I haven't looked outside (still dark out) to assess damage, but I don't think Distraction got hit very hard.

17. profsaffel

Well, sun's up and I believe all we got was a windy and rainy storm. Even my wickiup is still standing. :D

18. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

Morning ya'll.... Heading out the door in a few mintutes to go up to an auction. The auctioneer, who is a close friend of mine, called me last night and told me that there is a whole box of old razors. I reckon we'll see just what they are.................

19. Truckman

Truckman New Member

morning rolls....good luck up there.

Glad to see you up and moving, out of the house...

20. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

Meh start to the morning... check UPS after I start coffee... Tabac delayed until tomorrow. 30 year old Gillette Spoiler in my slim, pretty good. New Derby in same slim same setting... mostly crap. Starts off dragging and skipping. Three passes and I'm still a bit rough. I'll give it one more day in the slim then a day or two in the red tip. If it doesn't improve, it's off the list.

(Have there been quality control problems at Derby lately? I see a lot of reports of inconsistinces with folks and their Derbies)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.