WIZAMET W-11

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by alpla444, Jun 29, 2012.

1. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

P1040116(1).JPG
    The case could be in better condition.
    P1040117(1).JPG P1040118(1).JPG
    The quality of this razor in general is not as good as Gillette, but that said its not bad, (gillettes quallity on the adjustable TTO's is very good)
    The total length is 11cm, and the weight is 74.1 grams appox 5 more than a slim and 5 less than my FB. With all the plastic its rather top heavy and feels lardy in the hand.
    I have not tried it yet
    The tto part is located near the brass coloured ring mid point on the razor rather than on the botton. the opening nice as is the adjustment dial.

2. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Won't surprise me if this vintage Polish razor ends up becoming one of your favorite razors - like what happened to me with the recent East German Brillant de Luxe adjustable I bought. Same thing.. doesn't appear to be good quality but once I used it, it's one of my favorite razors. So I hope you use this and find you really like it - so we can both tout how our odd-ball, seemingly cheaply made plastic razors are actually awesome shavers. :)

Slipperyjoe and alpla444 like this.
  3. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Just tried it not bad but I have better razors at my disposal, tried it on setting's 5 and 7, used Lider (wow I forgot its like a bag of lemons lol) I will give it more shave time in the future just that I have a few more to try, maybe the Rotbart next it only weighs about 37 grams!!!

4. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

interesting razor. It's very cool looking.

alpla444 likes this.
  5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Interesting. It looks as if they wanted to copy bits from many designs!

Enjoy!

alpla444 likes this.
  6. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Yeah, like Gary said, I think they just cobbled together some different ideas and threw them into a razor. Run a few different blades through it and see what you think then. It sucks that the Lider sucked in it on your first test drive....damn first impressions.

alpla444 likes this.
  7. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Very interesting find. No matter what it's gonna be a great collectible...

8. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

I got a better shave today with it I used a feather blade and Palmolive shave stick, I used less pressure and it did seem better, the real problem was with it being so top heavy (I mean it has the same balance point as a hammer!!)
    I will keep using it for the rest of the week.
    And as mentioned by Bob and afew others yes it does look like a Frankenstein razor, the plating is of a good finish as can be seen in the pictures.

GDCarrington likes this.
  9. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Well it survived Soviet Occupation, I'm sure there's a trick to using it.

alpla444 likes this.
  10. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

I just ordered one today after seeing it for a reasonable price. Being half Polish, I couldn't resist the temptation.

Enrico likes this.
  11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Let us know how you like it. :)

12. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

Kind of late with my reply, but here it is over a year later.

The razor head and base plate have some issues, presumably from being dropped or something. The plastic portion is dark blue and also has some wear in it, particularly a groove scratched into it as though it perhaps was dropped into a tight space and had to be extracted the hard way.

Still, having finally gotten up the courage today to shave with it, I have to say it really gets the job done. The blade when loaded has practically no curve to it, leaving a noticeably wider gap at Setting 5 than in my F4 Gillette Fatboy on the same setting. I certainly felt the blade edge, though, and felt like I was shaving with either my GEM single-edge or my old Wüsthof Trident straight razor. In other words, I had to take a lot more care. Being such a top-heavy razor, the center of balance is obviously much different. I'm pretty sure it was designed to let the weight of the head do the work while cutting down on excess overall weight. The tool isn't much to look at, but appearances deceive. Soviet-era Polish craftsmanship was nothing if not practical!