March 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Feb 28, 2019.

?

What Madness is March bringing to your shave?

1. I'm going to use gear I rarely or never use for the month.

11 vote(s)
    26.8%
  2. I'm going to do a Rule.

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. It's Focus time!

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  4. Soap Madness for me....gotta make room for more!

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
  5. I'm going to eat cookies AND donuts for breakfast.

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  6. I'm going to shave completely in the dark....oh wait....that's MAYhem.

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Congratulations Andrew!! Man...3 hour daily commute is crazy. Now you'll have more time for the family and for shaving! ;) Good luck in your new position!

Trigger, Terry, PLAla and 10 others like this.
  2. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that Chris. Wish you the best as you get thru this difficult time!

Trigger, PLAla, clint64 and 10 others like this.
  3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Thank you Nirav!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

Trigger, PLAla, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  4. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

I’m very sorry to hear that you’re in this situation, Chris. Stay strong.

Trigger, Linuxguile, PLAla and 9 others like this.
  5. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

I just bought myself a pack tonight and damn these are so good! I gotta be really careful as I could easily devour the whole pack in one sitting. :eatdrink020:

Trigger, RyX, Linuxguile and 9 others like this.
  6. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I'm still working my way through a few boxes of "the real thing". So I haven't been tempted to look for the Aldi version. Yet.

7. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

That razor is simply.........insane. I want one.

8. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Looks like I'm still officially in the lead if you're "only" on #3. It's never fun, as we know, but yes, sometimes it is necessary. Still, never fun nor the thing desired by anyone.

Bama Samurai, Trigger, RyX and 9 others like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

absolutely..

Trigger, RyX, Linuxguile and 7 others like this.
  10. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

It...........is...........ALIVE!!! Welcome back to the land of the living. Glad you made it through that stretch with enough sanity to remember where you rare!

Trigger, Terry, RyX and 11 others like this.
  11. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

I'd almost warn against it...easy access ya know...:p...at least girl scout cookies only come around once a year....

Trigger, RyX, Linuxguile and 10 others like this.
  12. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

How did you know? I bought them as a set.

13. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

You mean it can get better?

RyX, Linuxguile, PLAla and 8 others like this.
  14. Hembree

I know where my bread is buttered!:happy088:

RyX, Linuxguile, PLAla and 9 others like this.
  15. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Damn...how did I miss the tech engraved with the image of the Starship Enterprise?? :sad023:

16. Hembree

This 30dc is moving fast!

17. brit

brit in a box

the star tech , is a cool razor..

RyX, Linuxguile, PLAla and 8 others like this.
  18. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

March Madness!!

March 7

Razor - Gillette Tech
    Blade - zorrik-stainless.jpg (1)
    Soap - Moon Old School
    Brush - Omega 10066 Boar
    Post - Alum

Time to switch razors in Mild March Madness, and if it's going to be a mild month then it has to include a Gillette Tech! What can you say about the Tech other than it is a classic mild razor that delivers consistently great shaves. Along with the Super Speed, this razor is one of Gillette's main workhorses and for good reason. It works. I decided to go to India for the blade for this one, choosing the Zorrik Super Stainless from Vidyut Metallics, now owned by SuperMax. My memory on the quality of the Zorrik was a bit fuzzy going in but I figured why not. Most Indian blades are better than any Chinese blade, at least.

I went to the Moon Old School soap with the small Omega. This heavy tallow soap is really nice to work with. I love the way it lathers and how protective and slick it is. It also has great after-shave face feel. I loaded the boar and face lathered and went to work. And......my memory of the Zorrik was quickly brought up to date. I can't say it's a terrible blade. As I said, it's better than a Chinese blade. But it's not the smoothest nor the sharpest in the den. The first pass was the roughest and it did smooth out as I went, but only because the beard reduction gave it less to drag on. Even with the slick Moon soap it was pretty rough that first pass. It took three full passes to get things down to a nice DFS. I could probably call it a near-BBS but I'm not in a generous mood tonight. And, the alum was a bit tingly from the extra effort to get the result I wanted. Not a horrible shave by any means, but I've had better. I suspect after two more shaves I'll be ready to choose another blade.

Friday looms large and for most it's a good thing! For me.......it's Wednesday in an interminably long week already. I have a lot of changes coming in the next few weeks so I'm busy with other things besides mattresses and getting ducks in a row and that sort of thing. Just gotta stay focused and keep things in line until I can finally make the big announcement. After that - it should be smooth sailing! Hope you all enjoy the start of your weekend!!

March 7 2019.jpg

Trigger, Terry, AlDm and 14 others like this.
  19. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

True, and buying from the original cookie pusher also makes sure the product is pure and uncut. I'll try to remember that to help beat back temptation.

20. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Congrats on the milestones Charlie! I have yet to finish off a Soap that's not a sample...hmmm...come to think of it...I don't think I've finished off a sample yet either.

Trigger, RyX, Linuxguile and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.