March 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Feb 28, 2019.

?

What Madness is March bringing to your shave?

1. I'm going to use gear I rarely or never use for the month.

11 vote(s)
    26.8%
  2. I'm going to do a Rule.

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. It's Focus time!

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  4. Soap Madness for me....gotta make room for more!

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
  5. I'm going to eat cookies AND donuts for breakfast.

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  6. I'm going to shave completely in the dark....oh wait....that's MAYhem.

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Speaking of Samoas...Have you seen the Momoas? :D

[​IMG]

A fifth grade girl scout got very creative this season...and made up her own cover to stick onto the Samoas boxes...Apparently a big hit with all the moms....:p...Now if they would only put on a female hottie in a bikini on the covers for all the Dad's...:innocent

Trigger, Terry, RyX and 12 others like this.
  2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Being about half a bubble off all the time helps.

Trigger, Terry, RyX and 12 others like this.
  3. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thanks Nirav!

Trigger, Linuxguile, PLAla and 6 others like this.
  4. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

As one with an MBA in Marketing I found that girl scout to be one of the younger and brighter marketing geniuses I've run into. I read the story and laughed and had to admire her. What I haven't heard is if Jason Momoa signed off on the rights for his picture, but I suspect he did since it got so much publicity. If so, then kudos to him. He seems like a genuinely likable man who isn't so full of himself that he can't have some fun with his image and his fans. He's also pretty good in Aquaman. And, of course, he made a great Khal in Game of Thrones. But I'm not a fanboy of course. However - if we could get Khaleesi in a bikini on the cover - I wouldn't object either.

Trigger, Terry, RyX and 9 others like this.
  5. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Praying for you, Chris. Keep rowing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Trigger, Terry, RyX and 13 others like this.
  6. SharptoothC

I didn't manage a photo today. It was a busy day, but a good one.

Gillette black handle Super Speed
    Astra SP
    30DC brush
    Route 66 Bourbon Jungle
    Institute Karite post shave balm

Easy peasy.

Also, my 7 yr old wild, creative, this-one-goes-to-11 daughter is very sensory-oriented. Struggles with the books but has a wild and creative imagination and a vocabulary to match. She's really into scents lately, and when I came home today she was dying to show me a "scent" she had created:

-Organic Lavender cleaning solution
    -Floral Bath and Body Works lotion
    -Peach Mango hand soap
    -pink Himalayan salt
    -Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce

It sounds weird, but she was proud and ready to show it off. It actually smelled quite nice. Intriguing. Not at all what I expected. The sum of the parts exceeded my expectations. It's amazing what a freed-up mind can come up with. I can tell she really worked on it. She may have a future in niche fragrances.

Oh, AND I'm an uncle again. My sister welcomed her 4th child, Eliza, at the ripe Ol' age of 41! 9.5 lbs of adorable baby girl.

And, my first attempt at making homemade affogatos this evening was a resounding success and one that I will be repeating frequently.

Trigger, Terry, RyX and 15 others like this.
  7. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

This was his public Response:

Momoa finally responded publicly about his special appearance on the box of cookies on the red carpet at the Oscars.

“I love Girl Scout cookies, I was waiting to get some free ones,” Momoa joked to ET alongside his wife, actress Lisa Bonet. “I’d love some.”

As it turns out, the “Aquaman” star prefers another staple in the Girl Scout Cookie range.

“I want the shortbread — and then you put those in the freezer and that’s the best way,” he added, throwing in his major cookie tip.

Bonet joked that her husband “just wants his cut,” a sentiment Momoa echoed, laughing.

The “Momoas” came to life after Charlotte’s mother, who works in marketing, saw a meme online pointing out the similarity between the words “Samoa” and “Momoa.” And thus, the new packaging was born, complete with a shirtless photo of the actor portraying his character, Aquaman.

Though the last line does make me wonder if the idea was the Girl's or her mothers? Maybe a little of both...Haha...Haven't seen Aquaman yet...but I remember him from "Baywatch Hawaii"....Man that was a great show along with baywatch for my 13 year old self....That show should have never been cancelled! :D In the words of Chandler from friends...they should always keep them running in slow mo...Too many hot women...but Krista Allen on Hawaii was something else...:angry021:

[​IMG]

Though I do admit he was an amazing Khal Drogo. Dude didn't speak at all but just took over the screen. I'm with you on the Khaleesi bikini Cookies. :eatdrink047:

Trigger, RyX, jtspartan and 11 others like this.
  8. SharptoothC

This is hilarious.

Trigger, Linuxguile, PLAla and 7 others like this.
  9. SharptoothC

That is actually one of my favorite razors - the ball end Tech. With an Astra SP or a Feather it's just sooo easy to use.

Trigger, Terry, wristwatchb and 11 others like this.
  10. SharptoothC

I am so addicted to these things. And for under two bucks? Ridiculous. Aldi gem, it is.

Trigger, Linuxguile, PLAla and 8 others like this.
  11. matthewoli98

matthewoli98 Well-Known Member

SOTD
    Razor:Fatip piccolo
    Blade: Gillette 7 o clock (8)
    Soap: the gentlemans groom Room malt n Myrtle
    Aftershave:brut by faberge
    Preshave soap: epiwash cleansing bar.[​IMG]

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Trigger, Terry, AlDm and 15 others like this.
  12. SharptoothC

Congratulations! I'm happy for you and for your family. They are are going to enjoy the extra time with you!

Trigger, Terry, wristwatchb and 10 others like this.
  13. SharptoothC

Unashamed cap rider. It works for me. If I start there, I can shave with most any razor.

Trigger, Terry, wristwatchb and 12 others like this.
  14. SharptoothC

How'd you get ahold of Liberace's razor? You have all the cool toys!

Trigger, wristwatchb, RyX and 13 others like this.
  15. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

:happy097: I worked at the concerts in high school and worked his show. He was surprisingly entertaining. I modethe razor after one of his coats :happy102:

Trigger, Terry, wristwatchb and 13 others like this.
  16. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Great picture, Gary!

Trigger, brit, Linuxguile and 5 others like this.
  17. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Congrats, Chris!

Trigger, brit, SharptoothC and 6 others like this.
  18. Killerflyingbugs

Killerflyingbugs Well-Known Member

Trigger, Terry, wristwatchb and 7 others like this.
  19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I do the same thing Keith. I’m trying to get to the optimum angle and riding the cap is not always the most efficient angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trigger, wristwatchb, RyX and 8 others like this.
  20. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

Great responses, gents! Thanks to this thread, I learned to ride the cap - and realized that it does indeed provide an optimal angle for a great shave.
    Isn't it amazing, Joseph, that I can remember something like this - yet if I go to the grocery store for only three items without a list, I'll forget two of them? There is always lots of discussion when it comes to razors and their "aggressiveness", whether on TSD, other forums, or razor reviews. As you just pointed out, with riding the cap, the blade gap is out of the equation altogether - effectively making all DE razors shave the same. Is my technique 100% perfect? Doubtful. It's close enough to give me a great shave if I take my time and watch what I'm doing - no matter which razor I'm holding. This is why I chuckle to myself whenever I see a razor on a BST that the seller claims "is too aggressive to be a daily driver".

Trigger, Terry, wristwatchb and 14 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.