Clubman

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Robert1955, Mar 7, 2019.

1. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

No

MntnMan62 and brit like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

awesome pics Rick..

RyX likes this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

thank you John, will give it a go.. not a $$$ investment if i didn't like it.. i would pass it along..

Enrico and RyX like this.
  4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

The Citrus Musk is very pleasing, but for the price and the enjoyable scents, I keep Clubman, Lime Sec, Citrus Musk and Special Reserve on stock at all times. :)

5. brit

brit in a box

i like pinaud products including the talc and clubman shampoo.i will add citrus musk and vanilla to the roster..

6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

The talc is great as well though being follicly challenged, I don't think I'll need the shampoo. :eatdrink013:

7. brit

brit in a box

fair enough..

8. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

Guys, a question. Do the other Pinaud aftershave varieties provide the same, unbelievably pleasant face feel as the straight Clubman?

In the last 6 months I have tried a lot of different aftershaves and toners, mostly from Artisans, although I have some Proraso (one AS one balm) and a Nivea Balm. Oh, and Lucky Tiger Face tonic.

But maaaaannnnnnn, I do not think anything I’ve tried beats Clubman for Face feel. I don’t know what the secret sauce is, but something in Clubman makes my skin feel sooooo good. Like it’s been bathed and pampered and softened and smoothed and just improved. I’ve gotten some good to great face feeels from some other products, but nothing that can beat Clubman.

So why would I use anything else? Oh, variety for the most part, and while I find the Clubman scent very pleasant, I don’t want to wear it every day.

But if the other Pinaud options have a similar recipe, with the awesome face feel, I may just have to buy some different kinds and skip the expensive artisan stuff altogether.

Now, beyond this, does anyone know what the ingredients are that feel so good in Clubman? Is it glycerin?

Thanks guys!

CrustyCat, Edison Carter and RyX like this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Honestly I think Pinaud's Special Reserve nudges a little bit out ahead of the Clubman, but that just me. That said, I do like them both, but the SR a little more.

MaxG, brit and RyX like this.
  10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm doing Special Reserve tomorrow and Tuesday. I do agree with your assessment, mainly because SR offers more of a feeling of "manliness", but I've been happy for years using them both. The regular has been called "The quintessential barbershop aftershave".

Enrico and brit like this.
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

My first thought was "Lotion" It's not just aftershave, or cologne. After doing a quick google looking for a list of ingredients I found this conversation on B&B. I've got the all green label on mine so it may be a long shelved bottle. It does give great face feel!

NTR, Paul Turner and brit like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

i have 2 12.5 oz bottles and both have the long list. both purchased approx a year ago..

Paul Turner likes this.
  13. Leclec13

Leclec13 Well-Known Member

I wish the clubman scent lasted longer.

I find the special reserve last the longest, but also technically a cologne.....

I’m going to experiment with adding some perfume fixative to the clubman.

RyX and brit like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

as much as i love clubman, they don't last long enough on me to wear them at work..so i layer the lime sec with a citrus edt or the special reserve with dirty english edt.. awesome..

RyX and Leclec13 like this.
  15. Leclec13

Leclec13 Well-Known Member

It is a an after shave after all... not a cologne

I wonder if anyone has copied the clubman after shave into a cologne..... I understand it’s a fougere, but can’t quite figure out the fresh citrus notes

Had to look up dirty English....looks like a decent scent.

RyX and brit like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

is decent but a reformutation, weaker than original, boozy leathery scent..

RyX likes this.
  17. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

Thanks!

RyX likes this.
  18. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

I'm a big fan of the original Pinaud Clubman (including the shave soap). I've also got the Clubman Reserve Gent's Gin aftershave and while I can't adequately describe the scent, I LOVE IT!

brit, RyX, Paul Turner and 1 other person like this.
  19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Try the shampoo, too...great stuff. I also have the Gent's Gin.

brit likes this.
  20. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'm a Bourbon kind of guy so I got the Whiskey Woods. Don't know about the Gin scented, but this one is a little lighter on longevity compared to the main line. Still a decent AS but not the hours long cologne effect of Clubman or Special Reserve.
    SOTD 02202019 Proraso 1B C&V.gif