Toggle Box for jimjo1031

Discussion in 'Special Projects' started by Missing Lynx, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Missing Lynx

Missing Lynx Well-Known Member

@jimjo1031

Here is the toggle box measurements for you since my wife packed it for me to use this weekend. It was done in paint so please be kind. I think I got everything you need.Please note the box has a vinyl lining between the inner wall and the insert so some adjustment will be needed. I tried to send it in a conversation but no dice unless I hosted it somewhere. If it is too small let me know and I will make some other arrangement.

Toggle Box.jpg

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    Keithmax, RyX, jimjo1031 and 4 others like this.
  2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

While not as long, I found wood boxes that are close to the other dimensions (H - 1 5/8" x L - 8 1/4" x D - 2 3/4") and am assuming the Toggle case has about the same dimensions of the Adjustable Aristocrat case, gold plated Slim, But it has no plexiglass cover, and will make the dimensions even closer. And getting the case for the Aristocrat Adjustable would be hard and probably cost a lot, I plan on replicating it for my razor.

3. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Ooh, I'm really curious to see the results of this. I have a BQ Aristocrat Adjustable without a case, as well.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  4. Missing Lynx

Ah. I thought you were one of those crafty people that would make a reproduction in wood. Too much detail... lol

jimjo1031 likes this.
  5. jimjo1031

Going to try.................

brit likes this.
  6. Missing Lynx

Can't wait to see the finished product.

brit and jimjo1031 like this.
  7. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I wish I knew you needed a reference case. I just sold the one I repaired. I would have lent it to you for you to copy.

8. jimjo1031

I was going to ask a question to you soon. I've seen images of the lettering and lines on top either silver or gold. I'm guessing gold is more common, what was yours. That's where I'll spend time replicating the case as the interior has those angles in the inserts. Not sure how I'll do the inside yet, maybe just simple white material.

brit likes this.
  9. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

The case I was referring to was the toggle case. Sorry for the confusion

10. Missing Lynx

The lettering on mine is silver. So is the crown.

11. Missing Lynx

Have you thought about a two tone case? I was thinking about a dark mahogany on the outside and a golden stain on the inside. Maybe reverse the colors so the razor stands out from the dark interior?

12. jimjo1031

I thought about plain wood, but think I'll be doing a black on the outside, with either silver or gold markings, as the originals. The inside, still thinking, depending on whether or not I can get thin white plastic sheets as I used to use when modifying plastic models.

Missing Lynx and brit like this.