SOS: March 2019

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by ram57, Feb 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Tuesday's Shave

Pre: Cold Water Rinse
    Razor: GEM Clog Pruf
    Blade: GEM/Star Duridium
    Brush: Lowborn Supply
    Lather: Storybook Soapworks Elysium

[​IMG]

Today's music provided by:
    Robert Johnson ~ King of the Delta Blues (1937)

[​IMG]

2. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Thank you, sir!

clint64, Boru62 and Douglas Carey like this.
  3. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good looking shave. I wonder how many guitar players play his riffs?

Ijustmissedthe50s and clint64 like this.
  4. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thank you. I'd bet the vast majority of all Blues and Rock n Roll guitarists have RJ as an influence. Classic

5. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

My skin needs a good rest today, since I’ve been shaving with the FAT for 12 days straight

6. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I've played with many guitar players and RJ's name comes up often, especially when learning a new song. :happy088:

Droo78, clint64, Boru62 and 1 other person like this.
  7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Guy, what do you think of the Karve OC head? How does it compare to the D safety bar?

8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

March 13, 2019
    Supply Co SE – 2 dot plate
    Schick Proline
    Elite “Tres Amigos” Beehive with Envy White
    SV Felice Aromatica Shave Soap
    And Aftershave

[​IMG]

9. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Great picture Clint. How would you compare the Supply SE 2 dot to the 3 dot plate? Stunning brush.

Boru62, clint64 and Edison Carter like this.
  10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Amigo. I find the 2 and 3 dot plates about the same in efficiency but the 2 dot plate is smoother.

11. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thank you Amigo.

Boru62 and clint64 like this.
  12. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

So far have used the C plate open comb and next two days will be the D version with D safety bar scheduled for Friday shave. Will report back over the weekend. Initial impression was the C O/C very similar to D safety but want to verify this.

13. Nicked

Nicked Well-Known Member

Mail call...finally a slant! The New Improved RR Wunderbar
    RazoRock Wunderbar Slant Razor on Super Knurl Stainless Handle / Vokshod PTFE Coated / Grizzly Bay Crucible / SV 70th
    [​IMG]
    While this was my first shave with a slant, and I am curious how flexible it is when it comes to harsher blades, pretty sure it is my favorite DE head, we'll see if it claims top den honors in time, I have others incoming that are also new. Regarding the razor, as one here commented on the Gen 1, the design and cap profile are super intuitive; when I try a new stick I tend to do short buffs until I'm dialed on the angle, did the same here but it was pretty needless, it sets nearly autopilot. The cap profile is a bit tall and while not as difficult as my Pils is in getting in close under my beak, the wunderbar does take a bit of technique/time in getting tight to the nostrils, but totally worth the minimal extra time spent there as it saves much time on my harder to shave neck/under chin area, true nick-free, two pass BBS burn-free.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Guy.

Douglas Carey, Boru62 and ram57 like this.
  15. TommyCarioca

TommyCarioca Well-Known Member

Patchouli focus: day 1

Turtleship patchouli soap
    Timeless 68
    Paladin butterscotch Lotus
    Personna Red ⚁
    3 pass

Proraso red AFS
    PdP ASB

Histories de Parfums 1740

Thanks to Guy [Ram57] for passing a couple of wonderful soaps my way! I will be using Turtleship most of the week. Thanks brother[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

16. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

17. brit

brit in a box

awesome pic and set up sir..

clint64, ram57 and Douglas Carey like this.
  18. McCrae

McCrae Well-Known Member

SOTN
    Rockwell 6S(3)
    Feather blade (1)
    Stirling Finest Badger
    Musgo real glyce pre shave
    Summer Break Soaps 'Brain Break'
    Matching AS

Two pass BBS. This was my smoothest shave yet, first time using the 3 plate, and decided to pair it with a feather blade. At first it feels like the razor is not even cutting, there is almost zero blade feel. No irritation or redness, which I usually get a bit of on my lower neck.
    Have a great night everyone

19. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Not sure if you would have any luck on the BST but may be worth a shot. Have done a ton of trades this way.

20. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

SHAVE OF THE DAY
    20190312_204424.jpg
    Prep: pre shave soap mix
    Razor: Gillette Tech
    blade: Croma Diamat
    brush: Maggard 24mm Synthetic
    soap: Passionatly Natural- Frozen Earth

had a swell late night shave about an hour ago with Frozen Earth. Passionatly Natural is a artisan that rarely metentioned on the fourms but has a good ingredient list and performance to match. Most of the scents are on the natural side (obviously) and the 3 i have tried have all been true to their description.

scent of Frozen Earth is a Earthy Vetiver with a perfect amount menthol, not enough to make you cry but still a healthy dose IMO.

performance is very good and soap provides all the qualities one could ask for. Started off with more water than usual which was no problem, lather started off a bit bubbly but quickly thickened up to the right consistancy. This shave went beautifully and no irritation or nicks occured, skin is smooth and hydrated. Finished off with SDP Blue Spruce which feels wonderful and has a unique sweet woodsy kind of scent.

Hope everyone is doing well and getting the best shaves possible!
    20190312_205116.jpg

Shave music: The Pointer Sisters- Hot Together

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.